Memphis schedule....

gister

Not to be mean, but isnt this schedule what Calapari wanted? The whole conference changed its scheduling practices (no more divisions) after he made a stink. I find it ironic that it worked out this way for them...sometimes you get what you ask for, and they got the NASCAR division again! Why they didnt schedule a decent non conference home game besides Mizzou? (Fordham, Austin Peay, Tenn Martin, Belmont, Samford, Oakland?? Thats the best they could do?)

And I agree, they will be on tv a lot on a potentially national basis. Those ESPN + games mean fans will be able to pick up the tigers nationwide (if they have the hoops package or are at a sports bar)...beats our deal where most local watering holes dont even have Charter Cable.

Actually Calipari made a stink because he correctly noted that his Nascar opponents helped his RPI less than SLU was helped(note that because even in the NASCAR the teams generally had winning records and played decent schedules it was NOT the case that conference play HURT Memphis it is just that it did not HELP much).

What Calipari forgot to do is blame himself for scheduling so many cupcakes (this was at a time when Memphis's non-conf schedule at least had a few tough games and was better than the most recent schedule). I really think that Calipari rather play a bunch of easy games, get wins and then "blame the system" as a motivator for his team (the "its us versus the world" stuff helps cover up his personality defects).

K-State football is hilarious about this. Every year they all complain that the computers are out to get them and every year they schedule 1-AA teams (McNeese St. and this week UMass). I feel sorry for teams that have trouble scheduling tough games (but if you work at it in can be done) but I have zero empathy for Cal and KState football.