Kyle Kirk transferring....

nate, not sure how you found billikens.com, but i for one as sure glad you did. you have provided a wonderful view of future potential recruits and opinions that have really enhanced the board. both you and stu have done a lot to change my opinion of the post dispatch over the last year. who knows, i may subscribe someday! looking forward to reading the kyle kirk news tomorrow, of course i am still holding out hope he heads east! :-)

Roy,

Thanks. Ironically, I "found" Billikens.com when some of the members here thought I made up that Luke Meyer had been offered a scholarship by SLU.

The news of Kyle Kirk leaving Fort Zumwalt West is very surprising, but it does involve a school that he was rumored to be heading to.

- Nate

p diddy, both springfield and cbc were the "safe" picks if kyle indeed was moving on. thus, nate's promise of a "surprise" makes me hope the longshot, "belleville althoff" is the winner! :-) hey a fan can dream cant he?!

I guess this isn't a big surprise, because rumors had him going to either CBC, DeSmet or Kickapoo, but you're always surprised when a good young basketball player moves out of the area.

Kyle told me his dad was transferred. He didn't seem too worried about the move, because he realizes he is still young; it's not like he was moving before his senior year. The family will have a shorter drive to see Hannah play at SMS.

Kirk will be a great addition to the Kickapoo team. I don't know what Kickapoo has coming back this year, other than the younger Laurie, but this move will probably help Kirk grow as a player. Kickapoo sent several players to Division I schools off last year's team, including Spencer Laurie (Missouri), so the coaching staff must be doing something right.

Kirk said if his family had stayed in St. Louis, he would have been back at Fort Zumwalt West.

- Nate

desmet, it has always been my understanding that the associations wont make a player sit if it is for reasons of family relocation or hardship (going from a private to a public school). however if you change schools within boundaries or go public to private that is a different story. even then, i think they look at those moves on a case-by-case basis.

this just shows how "connected" p diddy seems to be. p diddy's information on a number of "rumors" has been right on thus far. who is this p diddy guy? :-)