Baylor

slu72

It is very sad that somehow someway it took the death of a player to bring all the Baylor transgressions to the light of day. How callous have administrators, coaches, etc become when they deem the protection/survival of their athletic program is more important than finding out the truth about the death of a young man? Talk about your misplaced values. I for one don't believe programs operate in vacumns, because too many people have to be in the loop when there is wrongdoing taking place. And people have a tendency to talk to friends, family, etc. All too often I think administrations turn a deaf ear to what is going on instead of looking into rumors of wrongdoing. I have to think all administrators and the NCAA have to wake up and smell the coffee that the truth will always find a way to surface. There are lessons to be learned from the Baylor mess, I would hope the powers that be up in Columbia take heed.

There have been numerous media outlets here in the metroplex saying the Baylor president is considering moving out of the Big 12. Baylor has no business being in the Big 12, they are about half the size of any other school in the conference and have failed to land any top notch recruit in any sport (outside of baseball), they are still living in the past reliving the old Southwest Conference. I do not think Baylor would look to C-USA but more to the WAC (or whatever the WAC becomes when it breaks up).

This Bliss character just continues to amaze me. I give a lot of credit to the assistant who taped his conversation with Bliss where he stated to portray Patrick as a drug dealer. I think it is safe to say Mr. Bliss has coached his last game as a head coach. He picked a bad state to go to jail if that turns out to be his punishment.

I agree with you in regards to Baylor leaving the Big 12 and never deserving to be there. However, they may leave in a fashion that is not on their own volition.

I have to think that with all of the conference shuffling taking place or rumored to take place Baylor would aim to rejoin it's old SWC bretheren, Rice, TCU, SMU and Houston in some way. CUSA could split and you could have those 5, along with UAB, Tulane and USM and that would be a good conference for all involved and geographically would make a LOT of sense.

With Baylor looking to move out, I wonder if Big 12 officials would look to add another school to fill in for Baylor? The lone problem I see is that the schools in the Big 12 are grouped fairly well according to geography, and there is not a school here in TX/OK that would fit the Big 12 South, unless they move K-State to the South and look to add a school to the Northern Division possibly Colorado State (if I am correct they are in the WAC).

So just for fun and games, how many games will Baylor basketball win this year...Lawerence Roberts (their best player) announced today he will transfer to Mississippi St and appeal to the NCAA to be eligible this season. The best move Baylor can make in my opinion is to hire John Lucas (his son plays there) he knows the TX hoop recruiting scene (he makes his home in basketball rich Houston) and he is a big name who can relate to kids and has pro experience. Whoever is "lucky" enough to get this job has a canyon to crawl out of to get this program back to respectability on and off the court.

yeah, but there only needs to be 9 votes to boot Baylor out.

If Baylor left I've heard that Arkansas would want to join the Big 12. They bailed on the SWC when it was crumbling and joined the SEC was expanding. They'd like to be back with Texas, Oklahoma and A&M. I think you'd then see South Carolina go to the ACC to get to 12 schools, (a move I've heard rumored by well-placed people) and then the SEC possibly take Louisville and Memphis.

The Dallas media is reporting that Baylor officials are examining along with the Waco sheriff department how much money was funneled to Dennehy as far as tuition dollars are concerned.

If the sum is between 1,200-20,000 Bliss could serve a year in jail, however if it is over 20,000 Bliss could serve anywhere from 10-Life in a Texas jail...woah, now that would be something if Bliss serves any amount of time in jail. Supposedly the search for a new AD and head coach will begin immediately...presuming anyone wants this job.