Is there anything Billiken to talk about ?

lefty

Nearly every post revolves around Missouri's problems. A commitment would be nice to talk about. Why aren't there ever any early Bills commits ? Seems like the stars go elsewhere early and we're left with what's left. Broy, do you think Kevin Lisch will commit early and will it be SLU ?

Well Polk committed early....very early in fact. This is the season of early committments, the july evaluation period is over and recruits are now contemplating offers........hope to hear soon about Shaw......Interestingly if mizzou gets the point gaurd they want that will bode well for Kevin Lisch and SLU.

lefty, remember, kevin is only going to be a junior this year, so i dont look for a committment until next summer. all i will say is that i think we are in the thick of things with young mr lisch. but once the coaches are allowed to initiate contact, and assuming kevin continues to only get better which i totally expect, who knows what will happen next year when the negative recruiters come out of the woodwork. the good news is that a lot of good people around kevin like slu a lot.

i would be shocked if lisch even gives missouri the time of day. our competition for kevin will be siu and kansas imo.

i have not heard notre dame as a consideration. i keep hearing kansas, illinois, siu, marquette and slu. remember two things about notre dame, first off, not sure how much the sting has worn off still from the great irish football teams of the 70's that rusty played on. montana got rusty's starting spot when rusty got hurt his junior season at notre dame. montana goes on to lead notre dame to the national title while rusty waited in the wings. then the irish red shirted rusty a year so montana could qb the next as well. after that, the surrounding talent was not as good and notre dame stepped back for rusty's senior season. so maybe there is animosity over the missed opp? i dont know that. it is total conjecture on my part.

i do know that notre dame did not recruit kevin's sister, stephanie. so who knows, maybe the lisch's have told notre dame, thanks but no thanks.