what are you up to Roy....

SLUNATE

disappointing news about liddell from frank. he indicated to me off the air that his source within the billiken organization is without question. liddell hasnt said yes, but i guess the positive is he hasnt said no yet either. come on tommie. make it true.

per clark francis at hoopscoop.com:

"Roy Schmidt of the Illinois Bulls-eye Report also thinks Saint Louis is close to getting a verbal commitment from 6'5 Tommie Liddell from East St. Louis (H.S.) IL, who is ranked #198 nationally in the senior class by the HOOP SCOOP"

but if the slu staff is talking to him on a regular basis, (which i am betting they are) you can bet they are asking for the committment as well. if he has made his decision, why wait another week? the only reason would be there is still a scenario that would change his mind. come on tommie. you will be a perfect billiken.

He may have already made his decision in his mind, but he doesn't want to say it, even to the SLU coaches, until he's had his announcement media conference at East St. Louis High School this week.

That's the way things have been going. A recruit holds a media conference to make his decision public. Remember, even when the grapevine said Dwayne Polk had made a commitment to SLU, the principals made public denials until after the media conference.

In other words, just because Cusumano doesn't know yet doesn't mean the young man hasn't decided.