What teams in the A10 do we have histories with?

SluSignGuy

I am writing that paper, the A10 vs. the MVC, and I am just wondering for those of you who have followed the Billikens longer than I, what rivalries do we have from the A10? Maybe from old conferences or anything.

I know Dayton, but any others?

Thanks!

Steve

Obviously Xavier, we had a heated rivalry with them in the MCC. Xavier was the class of that conference and we occasionally challenged them for supremacy. We met for the conf. tourney championships a couple of times. Xavier had some great guys it was neat to see AB match up against two top post players on Xavier, in Tyrone HIll and Derek Strong, who both went on to long NBA careers. Also can't forget Barry's brother Byron Larkin, he always killed us. Plus we did play Xavier in 56 in the NIT, we lost to them in the first round.

Besides being conference mates with Dayton for a short time we also played them in the postseason twice, losing to them in the second round of the NIT in 55, and beating them in the semis of the NIT in 61.

Otherwise we have limited playing relations with other schools in the A-10. We did beat LaSalle in the NIT in 63, but that was the last time we played them I believe.

Here are records against some A-10 teams and when we last played them, it could be dated as my list is from the early 90s but I don't recall playing these guys since then except for UMASS.

Duquesne 0-3 last played 57

LaSalle 3-3 1963

Providence 1-5 1964

St Bonaventure 5-0 02-03

Villanova 1-0 1952

Dayton 9-10?????? prior to 89 we were 5-8

Xavier 6-15 prior to 88, you can tack on a few more losses to that

Masechusetts I know we beat them in the first round of Larry's NCAA run, and I think we played another time prior to that, otherwise we have not played them.

As far as I know we have no other records with other teams in the A-10.