3 Star

"Bickel didn't attend DeSemt. And I wouldn't excatly rule out a player based on his school's history. Or we'd be saying it about most of the metro area. What schools have produced multiple high quality college saccess big men? The ones mentioned for DeSmt dominated the high school level. ...which is actually a step above may other schools.(Ries had solid career at Wymoning, Baniak underachieved at SLU, Howard played at Dartmouth, Stockbarger Valpo, Kohnen was star at Navy, many others at D-II or smaller D-I)....no not high d-I level. But who has? The V? Nope. Woods and White out of Ritter, that is two....what about anyone else? ".......this was my post from the other thread.

Would you mind listing the high quality D-I success stories of a particular school in the STL area....a school that has produced multiple players who were very good high major inside players?

None that I could think of -- which is why I wouldn't a waste a scholarship on frontcourt players with "potential" from the St. Louis area. Either you have an inside game or you don't. I just picked on Desmet because they seem to get most of the tall kids who can walk and chew gum at the same time. You can add 6'10 Sean Kowal to the list of Desmet softies.

But DeSmet's track record is actually better than most, which was omitted from your post. Your post read as if there were better alternatives out there. I was merely stating there weren't. From my limited viewing of Brandenburg, he needs to play in more control and improve in a lot of areas to be a D-I recruit. Since he was only a Soph, the possibility and potential is there to keep an eye on him and see how he develops.

The point also was that you base the potential success on a kid based on his school's previous background with big players?

Chaminade never had anything before David Lee. He did alright. I guess I don't understand your comments saying based on a school's past history...how well a kid will then do....then you took arguably one of the more successful schools in this regard, and single them out. It didn't make sense.

I understand what you have now said as...I picked DeSmet because they have been better than most....but on the other half of the point...just because a school hasn't produce a high quality big in a long time, doesn't mean they can't. ...or doesn't mean this particular kid won't change that.

I would agree that STL hasn't produced many high quality big players in hoops over the past few decades. Very few and far between.