Is GW the Cincy of the A10?

I've only heard parts of this story on the radio but apparently one of GW's starters didn't finish high school and then he spent time at three schools after that. The sportscasters I've heard talk about it(Slayton, Miklasz) are wondering how this player got into GW and how is he eligible.

Does anyone know anything about this? SignGuy, is this a well known story on campus?

Just curious.

Go Bills!

The player - was cleared by the NCAA Clearing House based on bogus information provided by the coach who submitted class offerings to the NCAA. GW apparently did not put the kid through their admission process but relied exclusively on the NCAA Clearing House. Say what you want about GW but the coach and school had to know something was up - if Missouri gets hammered because they should have known that Clemons getting 24 credits in one summer was bogus then GW should have known this also. Someone a few days ago provided the links for the whole story - take a look back a few days you should find it.

Whoa there. "The Coach" you are referring to is Hobbs? You're right, if Hobbs was doing that kind of leg work it's quite fishy. Nothing I'd read had that kind of smell to it. If the Philly coach is the "coach" then who cares. Short circuiting the admissions process is also problematic. Maybe I've been reading too much of the official GW responses on the now dead A10 board......

Brich - you need to read the link to the Wash. Post article - much more detail without the spin. What Hobbs is saying is true from the stand point that he wants to give kids a chance but he can not deny that he should have had doubts about a kid that did not grad. from h.s. after 4 years and attended 3 prep schools - I use the term loosely - in two years with 2 of them being around for only one year. This the same dribble that Huggins would say when he was at Cincy and everybody was all over him - Hobbs is not much different apparently. I understand that the NCAA Clearing House approved the kid but GW still has to accept responsibility for admitting the kid - lack of institutional control from how I see it. You can not bar GW from the A10 tourney nor the NCAA but you have to still investigate them in the future.