Another No. 1 Bites The Dust...

Schasz

Oh those Gators cannot stand prosperity either as this is the 2nd year in a row that they lost the very next game after getting the votes for No. 1. Maryland played a nice game at Gainesville and after blowing a 17 point half time lead they nipped Florida by 1 in OT.

... that now makes it nine times UMd has taken down a #1 ranked team in UMd history ... five times under Gary Williams and now three straight years in a row! That's a top ten program.

Having watched this game and our 'Zona game, I don't know what would posess a person to become a referee. Ted Washington, who I like and respect along with Ed Hightower, was a part of the FLA/UMd crew and these guys were not seeing the same game I saw last night. The Terps had like 28 fouls and the Gators had 23. And what irks me the most is that muggings go uncalled but tourch fouls don't. Unbelievable at times!

While I disdain the nickname Terps (Terrapins = turtles), Gator's ain't too bad but for Dickie V. to come up with "Running Reptiles" ...........puh-leaze!