Message Boards

SShoe

I know we've had discussions about the pros and cons of the message board. I came across this from looking at the Dayton board. It's a post from a player's father at Ohio State, Sylvester is the last name. We're pretty tame, but when we do get critical I wonder sometimes who's looking.

http://forums.the-ozone.net/messages/20925.html

It's the times we live in. I think the importance of the message boards is overplayed. Kids will go to a school because of the coach and the environment not because of what some yahoo on a message board says. That guys parent from the other board probably needs to talk with Brenda Warner.

I agree it should never get personal. Criticize parts of a person's game if you want but not the person himself. The young men give a lot of themselves to represent their Universities.

However, you can't be too thin-skinned about these things either. There are always going to be yahoos out there. I think the benefits of being a D-1 athlete (free education, notariety) far outway some idiots in the stands or on the message board calling you names.