Richmond/Princeton /Air Force style now!

BB Scout

9. "RE: Princeton /Air Force style"

In response to message #8

Former Air Force coach Chris Mooney Richmond Spiders team will be tough to beat at home. They run that slow down Princeton offense and play very good defense. The Bills must be very discipline with all the cuts and backdoors they will see and must defend the three point line. Richmond will read your defense the way Tom Brady reads a defense in football. Since Danny Brown played at Air Force he should be familiar with the Princeton style offense and might be our best defender against it. DB might have another breakout game playing against one of his former coaches. Let’s hope so….Bills by 6!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I should have sent my earlier above post to Coach Brad. It’s obvious once you run an offense like the Princeton style and have success you will stick with it. Hell just look at the current Air Force team winning record (15-2). Watching the game last night it looked like all Richmond did was back door, cut and shoot 3’s. Looks and sound like the princeton offense to me. Chris Mooney is a young hot coaching prospect and will not be at Richmond long. The PACK DEFENSE killed us last night. No way should Richmond have gotten that many open looks. Why would you double down in the post for the hell of it. That starting lineup UB put out their hurt even worse. What’s up with that? This was a very winnable game and I blame COACH as much as the players. I new it wouldn’t be easy but we should have won found a way to get the job done.

We have 39 turnovers in our last three games! I checked the stat sheets and IV is leading the way with 9-t/o, TL has 7-t/o, DP has 5-t/o’s. Those guys must take better care of the ball since it is in their hands the most. DB has committed 0 turnovers in either of the last 2 games. Many of you harped on DB for being t/o happy in the past. Maybe look at him. And yes DB should have been familiar with the Richmond/Princeton /Air Force style offense from his days at the AF.

Great to see Luke get some solid minutes. Luke deserves to play more minutes since UB can’t figure out his rotation. Luke has the skills to help this team get going. It is my opinion that Luke should be one of the first guys off the bench. Just as I was right on the Princeton/Air Force posting I am right on this call. Liddell is young and just had one of those off nights. He will be fine next time out.....

They may want to start listening to THE BB SCOUT!

"We have 39 turnovers in our last three games! I checked the stat sheets and IV is leading the way with 9-t/o"

Not surprising! You can't expect IV to not be getting tired playing 35+ minutes a game by this point in the season especially after playing all summer. He has had alomost 1 long season that started in Oct of 04. When a player gets tired the TO's go up because the body can't respond like it should and the concentration is not always there. He needs to be backed down to 15 minutes per half. I would bet his production would go up if that happened. What happens if he gets hurt-do we then start a back-up that has been playing 0-2 minutes per game?

actually, i dont have as much of a problem with the defense last night as i do the offense. richmond probably scored 10 points because of the need to foul down the stretch because we were behind and the clock was running down.

if brown, lisch and drejaj each make one additional 3 pointer each we likely win the game at the very least tightens the game where we dont have to foul down the stretch to win the game. and if you look at their shooting % for the year that was something that could be expected.

you commend brown for zero turnovers, yet i think 3 times last night brown got to the rim for layup range shots and couldnt get the ball over the rim even. you might as well call that a turnover.

i am not bringing it up to diss danny brown. i am merely pointing out that your observation might not be as accurate as it appears.

SLUFAN-

How did you know it was me? Then you also know my two-year record of 42-20 at Dayton is pretty damn nice heading into this season. Of yea did you know CBS Sportsline.com and collegeinsider.com chose me as their 2004-05 Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year. Plus I am to to darn pretty for SLU...

Tough loss last night for my Flyers, losing a close one to Temple. Oh yea tell Brad to listen to BB Scout. He knows his ######!

Luv ya-

Coach Gregory

Roy-

Often I notice you will miss the point. How can you classify a miss shot the same as a turnover. You also really should commend Danny Brown for zero turnovers, yet you focus on 3 misses. If missed shots are the same as turnovers then SLU committed 67 turnovers last night. Dude?

Yes I think you are bringing it up to diss DB. My observation are what they are. DB has 0 turnovers in his last two games and IV has 9 turnovers. Looks like DB is making good decisions with the ball.....so I chose to commend him.

Go Luke!

Go Billikens!

when danny brown has a wide open layup and goes up and blocks himself against the bottom of the rim, that is nothing like missing a contested 18 footer. no it isnt a turnover officially, but it might as well be.