A-10 Basket Ball: UNCC on a 20-2 run against St. Joe's

AlumniFan

Only 18 sec left. They played some tough D and hit 3s to get back into it. However, they probably won't win. I looks like Hawk Hill would be a nice place to visit for the atmosphere, but the problem is you have to go to Philly which we all know is the worst city in the world.

I don't like Yingling that much.

I've never been to Philly just joking about the worst city thing. However, there are some compelling arguments to support it........

>I don't like Yingling that much.

>

>I've never been to Philly just joking about the worst city

>thing. However, there are some compelling arguments to

>support it........

Well thats a funny comment coming from a guy who lives in Dallas. I have been to both places and Dallas cannot hold a candle to Philly.

Yuengleng (proper German spelling, pronounced bastardized Chinese Ying-Ling) is actually brewed in my hometown of Pottsville, Pa., located exactly 100 miles northwest of Philly in the eastern Coal Region. To claim it is a Philly beer is absolutely wrong. Schmidt's, Schaffer and Piels were more Philly beers that Yuengleng.

I find it almost hilarious that a "pint" of Yuengleng is sold at Penn's Landing on Philly's waterfront for $5. I can still go back to Schuylkill County and go in any tavern and get a draft of the stuff for somewhere around twenty-five cents. Now, granted, these old bars and taverns pretty much dispense the grog in old-style 7 to 8 ounce short pilsner glasses but for a quarter, what's the problem?

I always used to equate Yingyang with White Castles .... you could eat or drink up a pretty good storm with about three bucks in your pocket. Now, you slap "microbrew" or some other trendy tag on things and prices skyrocket. We had the same rush out this way for a western beer that used to be hard to find. Much like "Smokey and the Bandit," caravans would head west to bring Coors back east. What goes around comes around.

The Yuengleng family has expanded however. I understand they now have a second brewery up and running down in Tampa. I also hear that you can tell the difference in those beers .... the Florida site doesn't get the coal-filtered, coal-dust racked, natural, "pure" spring water that feeds the brew process up on Mahantango Street.

... St. Joe's really looked weak in that nine minute dry spell in the second half. They went up 41 to 32 and then were down 52 to 41. Couldn't throw the ball in the ocean from the bridge. That St. Jope's team looked extremely beatable.

Martelli looked completely confused. Stachitis couldn't get open for a shot (can you say Drew Deiner?!?), and Jalloh was nothing special. At one point, Jalloh got clocked in the head going for a rebound and no one ... no teammates, not a trainer, not a coach, came out to see if he was okay. Then, when a Charlotte player got bonked, two of his teammates came and picked him up. The announcers were all over this. I don't think St. Joe's is that much of a team right now.

Charlotte did have the lead cut to a one possession game. Charlotte does not realize that the game has to go through Withers. If you can turn Withers into a jump shooter at 10 feet and out, you've donea good job.

For those asking about how many from the A10 go to the Dance, those guys last night said neither Charlotte nor St. Joe's was on anyone's national radar just yet. In other words, if they don't win the A10, they won't go. So right now, I think the A10 has two spots ... GeeDub and eXe. Maybe three with an upset in the tourney .. maybe not.