JUCO PF's

GMan Alum

i have attended practices this year. i havent been though since the games started, so maybe vashun has shaved a couple of seconds off his 40 speed since in the last month. any idea when he is going to break that speed out in an actual game missouristatefan.

Looks like he moves pretty well to me. Any idea when he will actually get to stay in long enough to show you anything. When he get in he seems to play so careful because he does not want to go right back to the bench. But my advice to him is loosen up and play as hard as you can. He needs to make use of the minutes he is getting certainly there are more to come.

JJ has not stepped up tremendously, he has 6 pts and 6 rb's total over 42 minutes in his last 2 games. Sorry that is not good enough. You can say that we should all be happy with the players ... but reality has to step in sometime. We are fans we are going to analylize what we see good and bad. Vashun can't even come close to keeping up with TL, KL, DB or DP ... I would be surprised if he could keep up with AD ... I don't care how many practices you've been to. Watching a team run drills and sprints has little to do with how fast they are.

Post awhile ... before you come on and start acting like a know it all and start knocking people.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

ms, you made the statement that newborne was as fast/quick as some of our guards. you have since refused to tell us just which guard(s) he is as fast as. if you now realize that was a stupid statement, admit you were wrong and i will drop it. otherwise put up or shut up.

>>I think Stemler's Adam Morrison-like numbers at SWIC when he couldn't get off the bench of Bradley crysalizes how much the juco scene has declined in recent years. The rise of prep schools has really been a drain on juco talent.B) a tweener like Newborne, or © a taller player who has offensive ability away from the basket but currently is not strong enough to play effectively down low. Pick your poison. My only comment was that Stemler might be an option © candidate who you could hope to coach up on defense and put some muscle on in the weight room. A gamble but what can you expect when going JUCO for a PF at SLU?

jjray, i have to say first, that i havent seen stemler since high school. but as a high school senior i wouldnt have even considered him for a power forward. even at over 6'7" he had zero traits and playing moments that would lead you to believe he would be a crediable divison one power forward in college. he shot extremely well and was pretty good with the ball for his height. so i assumed he would be a wing. in fact judging on what he was in high school, he would have been the perfect person to have filled the role we assume that dustin mcguire is coming in to do.

so now for folks to be speculating he might be a college power forward, i have to think it is soley because of his now 6'8" height alone. i will be shocked if he is even chris sloan defense and reboundingwise, let alone more which is what we really need.

to be happy to settle for another chris sloan who was out of position at pf for the billikens, is nothing to be happy or content with.

now if someone tells me that he is a legit power forward now that doesnt give up an inch defending inside and is a good rebounder, then fine, maybe he is an answer, but i will be surprised to hear and see that.

i guess i am stupid because i still dont see the name of the guards that vashun is faster than. and i dont see where you admitted you made a stupid statement because there are no billiken guards that vashun is faster than. humor me and tell us who vashun is faster than or that you made a mistake. thanks in advance missouristatefan

>>then fine, maybe he is an answer<<

I don't see how it is even conceivable that SLU can land a PF from JUCO who is "the answer", meaning a big body who can defend, rebound, and has post skills. I have no idea about Stemler but just wished to point out that, to be realistic, if we are really going to take a JUCO PF you must pick your poison, the player will have deficiencies of some sort. Maybe we find a prep kid or Euro big who can help us.

actually, if slu is courting the perfect juco powerforward, i bet the day after the unc game our coaches were letting that prospect know (assuming the prospect saw the game on espn2) how he was the missing ingredient. at least if i was a slu recruiter i would have been.