Nice recruit for Bennet

Billsboys

was king from havanna, illinois? i saw a high school game at the old illinois wesleyan gym that had 2 7 footers. king from havanna and bill bracsick from flanagan, ill. bracsick played at illinois state for 2 or 3 years before transfering to wesleyan and playing there.

not many times will you see 2 7 footers in high school let alone go up against each other. i believe this would have been in 82 or 83.

... I was out of school and I think it was near Grawer's first year or so .... I remember the spunky point guard on that team ... Kevin Williams. I was excited because of the news of us getting a seven-footer and I ran into Williams somewhere. When I asked him about it, he said it was true. I was giddy. Then I asked Williams if he was any good. Kevin's answer "He runs the floor really, relaly well."

Translated, I later found that out to me he really sucked.

I don't know if it was Havanna but I do know he was from Illinois. So that would be all about right.