Lady Bills Soccer

HenryB

Well...Without getting a chance to look at the full brackets yet...based on the four teams mentioned, I don't like the draw. One, it is a long trip. Two, it is a local game for Stanford, though not at home field. Stanford is solid, some close tough 1 goal losses to to ranked teams...which would put them similar to SLU's results...with a giant "but" in there. They beat Santa Clara, who defeated SLU...a top 5 team at the time. And they tied another top 5 teamin UCLA. They play in a tougher conference, and have some strong opponents on their schedule. Are they beatable, sure. SLU can beat any non top 10 team imo. And if the stars align, a top 10 team. Not sure they could do it more than once.

I am not a fan of Santa Clara in 2nd game if, if that happened. I would be pretty pissed if I was Stanford having to play them again, if they beat SLU. And though SLU played and lost 2-1 to Santa Clara in close game....I am more of a fan of getting someone new and different for them to play. Sure it could have been worse...the draw...but I think better too.

SLU could win both games, but has to play mistake free in both, especially against SCU, or they will lose a 2-0 type game. It is a great opportunity for SLU women to show they belong by winning both games. I think SLU would get crushed by Notre Dame, UNC and some others,(teams with much different styles, UNC skilled fast everywhere, ND has some big strong girls etc..) so ...in that regard a decent draw, but by no means will they be favored to beat Stanford. Even matchup ability-wise, slight edge to Stanford, and big edge to Stanford in results against better competition. SLU can play with both teams...that isn't the issue....if they come back with a hard fought 2-1 loss...it will be same ol same ol...but, something to build on by making the tournament, and thus a successful season. ...would be nice to feel better about yourself after steam-rolling the A-10 however to beat some tough CA schools.