Vianney vs. DeSmet

Nate Latsch

I thought some of the high school basketball fans on the board might want to know about this game.

Vianney and DeSmet will meet at 7 p.m. tonight in the championship game of the Vianney Tournament. DeSmet (3-0) is the No. 7 team in the Post-Dispatch large-school rankings, while Vianney (2-0) is No. 9.

The two teams are fairly evenly matched, personnel-wise, but DeSmet has won the last 12 meetings against its Metro Catholic Conference counterpart. DeSmet is led by 6-foot-6 senior forward David Ward and 6-7 senior swingman Mike Kalicak and has an interesting player to watch in 6-4 sophomore Jarod Leonard. Vianney has senior point guard Paul Paradoski (Southeast Missouri State signee), 6-5 senior forward Brandon Beal and 6-5 freshman forward Dave Stewart.

For those who have never been to Vianney's gym, it is a very, very small place and makes for an interesting environment for a high school basketball game.

- Nate

vianney won big in this game paul couldnt be stoped in the first putting up 25.

Star Watch

DESMET

Dave Ward-(Sr)played alright on offense but didnt defend well

Mike Kalicak(Sr)- didnt have one of his better games was not playing team ball

Jarod Leonard(So)- played well got in some foul trouble but i was impressed with his moves.

VIANNEY

Brandon Beal(Sr)- dominated dave ward

P Pauradowski(Sr)- played best game of anyone

Dave Stewart(So)- he wont show up in the box scores a lot this game but played solid

I'm curious about the outcome of this game because my nephew goes to school there. Be advised that DeLaSalle High School is playing Pittsburg HS for the Nor Cal Championship at the Oakland Coleseum tomorrow night, PHS is the last team to beat DLS in this game 12 YEARS AGO! The streak is up to 150 games and all the news is on www.delasallesports.com if you don't believe me.