vt

bills16

looks like wsu fans don't have much regard for the bills.

ValleyTalk 6th Man

Group: Members

St. Louis better get out the American Express card to try and obtain some frequent flyer miles. They will travel thousands of miles to play the likes of Duquesne, etc... Ya, that is a great way to develop rivalries. I could have swore St. Louis was in the heart of the midwest. Hmmm, playing teams next to the Atlantic ocean sure makes alot of sense. Knowing Elgin, in a couple of years St. Louis will be invited to join the Valley. They 10 team league will be honked up and they will get to host the Valley Basketball Tournament EVERY year. Does St. Louis deserve to be in the Valley; NO WAY. The Valley has moved up in respectability. They ONLY team deserving of admittance right now (that is realistic) is Memphis. This would be a better conference for them. Don't anybody start insulting the Valley by pulling UMKC or Butler or WKU out of their butt. The league deserves to invite a big name school or leave the 10 team league alone!!!!!!!

I thought/hoped this discussion was past us. Those who believe we should have been in the valley don't get it and will never get it. I'll retract my statement if the valley can get 2 elite eight teams next year as the A-10 did two years ago. Until then, why do they care so much if we're such a joke to them?

You've got that right. It's nothing but wishful thinking on the part of Valleyites that would love the validation Memohis would bring to the Valley. I don't blame them. I remember what it was like in the MCC. Under the restricted travel theory, I suppose we would be better off in the Horizon?

in all fairness...

this would be like someone taking something from cheesycow - or the vashon guy that got banned (or wherever the hell he was from)....and posting it as being represntative of bills fans on VT.

i refuse to revisit this topic other than what i just posted.

personally - i don't want memphis, slu, duke or ucla added to the mvc

ok - some of those are on the list for effect - but you get the point.

adding any more teams to the league eliminates round robin play and the league will have to be split into divisions...i really don't care for that - i like the fact that cu has a home and home with every team in the conference.

clearly these monster conferences don't work too well - see conf usa, the formerly expanded WAC, etc.

will be interesting to see what is going to happen to the A-10 (14) or big east (16 teams)...i don't believe that conferences of those sizes will be able to sustain themselves (particularly the big east)

one of the big things that slu basketball has been lacking as of late are sustained rivalries. mizzou will always be there (if they sack up and resechedule the bills) - but it hurts to lose marquette, depaul and cincy...while xavier is a natural - any rivalry with them will be secondary to UC. edit: rereading this - it is kind of an incomplete thought - SLU's lack of sustained rivalries is due to the "conference hopping" it has engaged in the last 15 years...however - no question that it was the correct thing to do when looking back at the competition from the old MCC to the potential of the a-10 - however - as i stated - i don't believe this is the last move for the bills - i don't expect the new big east to last more than 5 years.

ultimately - it's my belief that slu and creighton will be in the same conference - it just won't happen until the big east breaks up. until then - i'd like the mvc to stand pat.