interesting chart of recruits from the X board

jjray

I saw Johnny Wolf play several times this year. He went to my alma mater, St. Xavier HS (GO BOMBERS!) and had a chance to see him play when I was in town over breaks. I wasn't all that impressed with him. Lots of talent, not much size though. Didn't show much on defense and I felt he didn't hustle as much as his teammates. He was indeed Ohio HS Div 1 AP Co-player of the year, but I don't think he will make much of an impact. He really wasn't recruited much either, only signed with XU when a scholarship opened up and after the AP honored him. He also played along Robbie Schoenhoft, Ohio States big incoming QB recruit.

Your right about Wolf being a little slow on defense which doesn't bode well for Div. 1 Bball. He does handle the rock very well and drains it if you leave him open. In summer ball (Div 1, ex-pro, XU, UC, Dayton plyers, etc.) he had 10 asst, 9 pts, 1 turnover and that's playing against smaller quicker guards.

He averaged 22ppg in the toughest league in Cincinnati. In the game that got them to the state semi-finals he was held to 4pts in the 1st half but scored the last 18pts for his team in a come from behind win. He's a gamer.

I don't know if all of these schools offered, but in our prospectus, it lists the following:

Kevin Lisch: recruited by Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Southern Illinois, Bradley

Obi: SMU, Texas A&M, Houston, West Virginia, New Mexico, Minnesota, USC, South Florida

Tommie Liddell: UNLV (as we're all too painfully aware)