DJ All-Star Game on Saturday at Fontbonne

>Liddell is a program changer, but this team will not fade back into mediocrity

>after he's gone like it did after graduation of Hughes and Justin Love.

What year did Hughes graduate from SLU? I remember he had a great four-year All-American career and led the Bills to a couple NCAA tourney berths, but I can't remember the year he graduated.

Liddell can help make the program if he sticks around school for a couple years, like Dwyane Wade at Marquette, and help attract other big-time talent. A one-year wonder will not help SLU in the long run, unless he signs a huge shoe contract and gives money to build a new library ... or arena.

If Polk, Liddell and Lisch stick around together for a couple years, they will have a chance to help build the future of the Billikens program. There will be recruits who want to play with those guys. There isn't much talent in the junior class in St. Louis that could help the Bills, so this trio needs a couple years together to build something special.

- Nate

I meant to say after Hughes left, but you knew what I meant. Liddell wont leave after his freshman year. He will have a decent shot at the pros after his sophomore year though. There are players in the junior class who can help SLU immediately. Dustin Maguire will give them depth at the SF position. He can play a little pf as well. His 3pt shooting is will help SLU stretch the defense from day one and with penetrators like Polk, Lisch and Liddell, he'll be able to get off. Bobby HIll can also help right away. He can fill in for Liddell as another 6'5 pg who can score and distribute, but the best part of his game is passing. He was the backup pg during the undefeated 2004 season for Vashon, and he allowed Polk to stay at sg when Washington was out of the game. His role would be no different at SLU. He would come in for Liddell so Polk would be allowed to stay at sg.

Larry was here only one year (97-98) before he was a lottery pick.

During that one year, he led the team to the second round of the tournament (where SLU lost to eventual champion KY) and was named national freshmen of the year.