Tommie Liddell Update

Tommie Liddell has the East St Louis Flyers off to a 5-0 start.

The Flyers recently won the Lincoln, Il Thanksgiving Round Robin

Tourney.They outscored the opposition by the score of 71.4ppg to

47.3ppg. Tommie Liddell posted averages 17.4ppg on 72fg%( an amazing

76.9% from 2 point range), 54.4% from 3 point range. These numbers

are even more impressive when you realize he only averages 10 shots

per game, and because they won so convincely he was often pulled

early. In games that he completed his ppg jumps to 20.3ppg.

There is a lot of discussion on different sites about what his true

position is, consider this Tommie is the point guard for East St. Louis. Not the point forward or swing as he is often called.

To further illustrate this point Tommie Liddell is averaging 7.6 assist per game against 2.8 turnovers per game. He is averaging an un-point guard-like 7.6 rebounds per game (3 offensive), 2.6 steals per game, 1.4 blocks per game.

In their final game of the Tourney against a very game Peoria Manuel team, Tommie put up a stat line of 23 points on 10/13 fgs, 11 assists,

6 rebounds(3 offensive),and 2 blocks. After being forced into OT by Peoria, Tommie calmly led his team to victory by scoring 6 of his 23 points in OT despite being saddled with his 4th foul early in the 4th

quarter. Against a guard oriented team Tommie consistently toyed with

his defenders in the open floor only to break them down and pull up

for the lost art of the mid-range jumpshot. Unselfish to a fault he

set up his forward with easy layups or alley-oops.

For the Tourney he finished with at least 10 dunks. One was so

beautiful that when he took off he stayed in the air for an eternity.

Earl Austin, Maurice Scott, and an unnamed Asst. Coach for SLU can verify this. St. Louis Univ. needs to be brought up on charges of grand theft in the theft of signing Tommie Liddell.

One other point, Tommie Liddell is a disruptive force on the defensive end. He often stole errant passes or block would be 3 point attempts. Most of the plays led to thunderous dunks by him or Darian Luster.

Good report on Tommie's on court performance...my only concern for the future is his gaining full eligiblilty for next year. As a Bills fan I have my fingers and toes crossed that Tommie is equally as successful in that important detail.

It is my understanding that the St. Louis Eagles AAU team is sponsoring Tommie's ACT efforts. I hear that Tommie is working hard in the classroom and in his ACT studies. Those in the know believe that Tommie has a very good chance of being a partial qualifier and a better than 50/50 chance of being a full qualifier.

Jeez, he only averages 20 ppg (when he plays a whole game) and shoots 72% from the field? I wish we would have given that scholarship to a better player! :) Just kidding, of course. I will be very surprised if he isn't ranked in the Top 100 nationally after this year. This guy sounds like an absolute stud and I can't wait to get him in "SLU blue." Come on Tommie, we know you can pass that ACT!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer