Stu Durando Article - Memphis Game

Was anyone else disappointed with Stu's article today - it was like he was not even at the game nor stayed for all of it. I thought it was a weak effort. Look at the reporter for MU - their loss got front page status and a picture on the continuing page along with double our story line. Is Stu so disrepected by the Post or does he still even care about doing a quality job when reporting on SLU. Afterall, we won and they lost so the arguement could be made that the level of coverage should have been switched. I am not whinning just trying to figure out if this is Stu not caring or being pushed around.

I can't judge Stu's article since I wasn't at the game. It didn't read too exciting and though we know it was a good win against an athletic, albeit underachieving program, it wasn't viewed as anything too grand. I think you've got the same problem in all big cities with big time state colleges. We see the same treatment here in Charleston, South Carolina and Clemson get the big headlines and College of Charleston and Citadel get the leftover space. However, I must admit the journalists here support the little schools and urge the community to do the same. Recently there was an article on CoC about how much fun it is to go to a mid major game. Of course, when we play in the cavernous Savvis with little in the line of fun promotions and the team is way below 500 it's hard to generate excitement even with 8000 fans. I do think SLU's fans carping on the PD have generated some negative bias, it's only natural even for a journalist who is supposed to be objective.