JERSEYS in bookstore

hey guys ...

saw the bookstore manager on campus today .... after much coercing there are white billiken jerseys finally in the bookstore ...

theyre all #21 jerseys in diff sizes , made by this company called majestic ( dont ask me why )

heres the catch .... they cost a RIDICULOUS $ 80 ... yes you heard me right ... EIGHTY freaking bucks ....

go figure

darren

You can't have the names on the jerseys for sale in college because of NCAA rules. And for $80 I'd expect the jersey off the Reggie's back. They are not the nice Nike ones with the sports material but more of a replica baseball jersey type stuff. It's nice that we have something but that is just nuts to think college students would pay that much for a jersey that isn't even the real thing at that price. I mean you can buy a lot of Natty with $80...

i thought there were only two kinds of beer. budweiser and michelob. for the record i like both kinds.

you might remember , that former iowa state coach larry eustachy was drinking natural light in the compromising pictures that helped bring an end to his iowa state coaching career and his marriage.

the joke here in iowa wasn't so much about what he did but that he was drinking "natty".

figured on a million dollars a year he should be drinking some type of imported beer.

I've heard of this "Budweiser" and "Michelob" but wasn't quite sure they existed. To me they sounded much like the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, or quality CUSA refs. People talk about them but nobody has actually seen them. But apparently they do exist! The fact remains the same though, it's a lot for a jersey of marginal quality. Now if they could get some shorts in the bookstore they might be onto something.