P Diddy

crymdg2

I was wondering if the streets have been talking much lately? Any news as far as some potential recruits? Anyone know if the Bills tried to recruit Marcus White at all after he said he was transferring? I know he is going to Purdue, but I know at one point he was really looking at SLU. P Diddy give us some new news, some of that athletic inside player who is just a beast on the rebounds! Thanks

I was reading on Hoopmasters.com that according to Oak Hill Academy's coach Steve Smith, SLU has been calling about former Illini recruit David Palmer. The other schools listed are Tennessee Tech, James Madison, and East Tennessee State. Not exactly power programs. Palmer at one time was listed in the Top 100 and was considered a steal by the Illini. He fell out of the top 100 after some reports of uninspired play. Illinois recently pulled their scholarship after Palmer did not meet some academic goals set by Illinois. He has rectified those concerns according to Oak Hill's head coach. The article also mentioned that Illinois is still calling but they don't know where they stand. I believe Palmer is a 6'9 inch 220lb big forward.

I hear he is not getting much playing time due to the talent at Oak Hill, hopefully the coaching staff will sell him on the available pt at SLU as opposed to Illinois.

David Palmer

Antioch, TN

Ht: 6-8 Wt: 230 PPG: 14.0

Position: PF, C

Projected as: PF, C

Position Rank: NR

Class: 2005 Senior

AAU Team: Tennessee Travelers

High School: Oak Hill Academy

(Mouth Of Wilson, VA)

Biography:

Was an all-tournament selection at the 2002 Tournament of Champions. His dad is 6-9 and his mom is 6-2. Played at the 2003 Nike Hoop Jamboree and earned his way into the 2003 Nike All-American Camp.

Palmer makes his decision

Date: Jan 9, 2004

On Monday, David Palmer gave a verbal commitment to Illinois, choosing the Illini over several great basketball schools including Kansas.

Palmer had received offers from Oklahoma, Kentucky, Purdue, Notre Dame and Tennessee, but listed Kansas as his second choice even though the Jayhawks had yet to offer him a scholarship.

Palmer says potential playing time played a key role in his decision.

“I picked Illinois because of the possibility for a lot of playing time as a freshman. Kansas was right up there though, in second place.â€

Palmer says he decided when he did because he was ready to end the long recruiting process.

“It’s a big process with all the coaches calling and everything. I was ready to be done with it and I really feel good about my decision. It’s a strong commitment.â€

If Tommie brought us an under-recruited PF from Oak Hill, it would be a huge coup. As the word out of the coaching staff is that we are not going the JUCO route at PF, our only real hope to get a PF that will help us next year is to get a physically mature prep school player. I highly doubt SLU could recruit such a player absent the influence of Tommie Liddell. Palmer would be a huge get IMHO.

"If Tommie brought us an under-recruited PF from Oak Hill, it

would be a huge coup".

Actually Tommie is schooling at Hargrave Military Academy. The way to this youngster I believe is through his mom. I think I read somewhere they are very close and there were reports she attending most if not all of his AAU games and possibly moved to Va. to be close to him.