Illini VS Badgers...

Schasz

Well next Tuesday one streak will go by the board, as the 19-0 Illini play the 38-0 (at home) Badgers in a key national and Big 10 game. The Badgers home winning streak is quite impressive and makes me hope that we can get our new Arena built someday soon and perhaps gain a true home court advantage.

I was just wondering if anyone has been at a game at the Badgers Arena and who can comment on the advantage that they obviously have built with this very impressive record.

I have been there. The current building is only a few years old, 17k.

Frankly I am more impressed with their football atmosphere vs the Big Ten. I think they have the best student section in the Big Ten, hands down, and atmosphere for a game for football. Hoops has a good atmosphere too, Seen a couple of games there, different opponents. I believe they sell out most of their games if not all, not positive though. Their alums and town of Madison fans are perhaps rowdier than their students who have a solid section. Not that I care in the least, but in the very few games I have been to there, they sure did get a lot of calls and bounces their way. But that is part of the environment I suppose.

U of I has gotten a much better atmosphere as well in Big Ten. Their team success hasn't hurt that obviously. I think they have just had some good teams as well in Madison in recent years...and the Big Ten has been down a bit as well. These two teams are head and shoulders better than anyone else in the Big Ten, including Mich St and Iowa who are solid.