UC Vision

I've been out of town for a few days, but had to make a comment on the UC Vision package that Cincy offers. That thing is awesome...best $6 i've spent in awhile. As an out of town fan who gets to see 1 or 2 games a year on TV if I'm lucky, I'd purchase this package in a second...and I think a lot of this board would as well. The quality was suprising good for a webcast and it was priced appropriately. I'm sure SLU could put something like this together fairly easily. I'm sure we have the bandwidth and resources. Who would be the best person to email about this idea?

i already did both e-mail and talk to the people at the athletic dept at the beginning of the year when cincy first made it available to their fans. the slu people pretty much blew me off. their origninal reasoning was that it would be too expensive to produce and broadcast every game. i pointed out that charter would be stupid to not want to do this for the games that are already being produced and broadcast over cable. i cant imagine there would be much additional expense to cyber broadcast the games that are already being broadcast via cable, and they just didnt seem interested in pursuing it. i did not send or talk to ms levick, i guess you could try to contact her, but i did approach both john garrison and jim braun about it.

Well, it may be expensive for them to produce their own games...but that's not what Cincy does. They showed the Fox broadcast of the game...complete with commercials. We really have a piss poor TV contract and it appears this really isn't a concern of the Athletic department. I will be sending an email to Cheryl, you can count on that (not that it will do much good). And as an IT professional, i can tell you that this really would NOT be all that expensive or difficult to do. Charter would just have to buck up and do it. I say if we get 100 people to subscribe to it, they would make a profit.

i suggested to jim braun that it would only be available to people who do not live in the st louis charter area. charter would easily be able to control that i would think when one applies for the service.

that is what i told the slu folks. they (charter) is already producing or televising games. those would be the only ones that would on this service as well. and whatever additional cost it would occur, the subsciption fee to get all the televised games would surely offset that and more.

but look what we are dealing with. for example, last saturday nite's game was probably the marque game for the year. first off they change the time. i am sure it messed with current season ticket holder schedules. i know for a fact the six seats next to me were empty soley because of the time switch and other commits.

second, there was no promotion to speak of to go with the game. i mean really, the little game cards are really a joke imo. there should have been something better than that.

i had suggested to the athletic dept to focus on the blues fans for that game and the charlotte game. offer a get 5 free when you buy one at regular price with up to 5 unused blues tickets or something like that. my gosh, we had 14,000 unused seats. so sell 2000 more and put some seats in the joint.

my point is this, if we cant even get any decent promotions for the existing scheduled big games, that might bring in a few thousand locals, what makes anyone think they can figure out how to pacify a few hundred out of town fans?

"my point is this, if we cant even get any decent promotions for the existing scheduled big games, that might bring in a few thousand locals, what makes anyone think they can figure out how to pacify a few hundred out of town fans?"

I actually think we have a better chance of winning the national champtionship than getting this at SLU, but I might as well write in. If we want to become big time (which I'm not really convinced we do), things like this need to start happening. If we want to be taken serously by other people/schools, then we need to start taking ourselves seriously and get with the program.