Exhibition Games

SLURadioBoy

I was sitting here at work and scrolling through the A-P wire and noticed that Kansas State beat the EA Sports All-Stars 71-59 tonight. The reason I bring this up is because I thought the NCAA made a rule saying collegiate teams couldn't play "All-Star" teams anymore and had to play other colleges now? I thought that's why we're playing UMSL and Truman State? It's not really a big deal to me, in fact, I'd rather play other colleges. I just thought it was interesting.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

Who cares about Billy Self-ish and the Rhodes Scholars he has over in Lawrence? I don't. In fact, if he would have stuck around in Champaign, we would have had Mr. Charles Vilanueva coming off the bench and we probably would have beat Duke. I hope KU basketball has a season typical of their Big XII champion football squad. Pathetic. I hope Iowa State and K-State and Nebraska wipe the floor and Wayne Simeons crybaby tears off Phogg Allen Fieldhouse. You know Texas and Mizzou will beat them, so it's always nice when Dick Vitale comes in the house for the Iowa State game and some unknown kid from Cedar Rapids drops three dimes on KU at home. Go Cyclones Go.

-billikenbobby-

Well first of all, it was Kansas STATE that played EA Sports, not Kansas. Second of all, I really don't care about either team. I was just wondering if there was a reason why we were playing other colleges in the exhibition season instead of "All-Star" teams? Sorry if I struck some kind of nerve with you!

We hail Saint Louis U."

I also doubt that Mizzou will beat Kansas this year too. If they lost to them 3 times last year with their seniors, I doubt if they'll be able to beat them with a team that lacks experience. That's just my opinion, however.

We hail Saint Louis U."

>Actually it is a new NCAA rule this year that the exhibition

>games have to be against DII teams

The rule allows for two possibilities:

1) If you have a public game (exhibition with ticket sales) it must be against another non-NCAA D1 colleges (D-III and NAIA OK too).

2) If you do not sell tickets or open the game up to the public you can scrimmage D-I teams (many of the mid-majors and below are scrimmaging each other rather than scheduling games against D-II teams).

Speaking of rules changes, will the SLU-UMSL game have the wider line, and 20'6" 3-point line. I believe the Paradise Jam will have these rules.