Get "em Up, Scout

Taj79

Scouting Saturday around the A10 as the tv is rocking today (times Eastern/Central):

Dayton vs. Duquesne at Consol Energy Center on CBSSN at Noon/1100.  Consol Center home of the Penguins and site of this year's A10 tournament (which we won't seeas the PIGs are at campus sites I believe. We'll be going somewhere I assume but not to the three rivers. Dayton minus 10.5.

Richmond vs. St, Joe's on Hawk Hill in Philly on NBCSN at 1230/1130.  St. Joe's minus 1.5.  Mason beat St. Joe's here and Newkirk is gone.

VCWho vs. Davidson in NC on CBSSN at 1400/1300. VCWho minus 2.  Fordham just won there.

The Willies at Mason in DC on NBCSN at 1430/1330.  Mason minus 14.5.

Closing with Fordham at the Bonnies in Otterville on NBCSN @ 1630/1530.  Bonnies minus 8.5.

I like Richmond on the betting lines.  I don't know, the possibility of a halftime aerial tour of downtown Otterville versus just another NFL game makes for a tough viewing decision.

Dayton pulled away from Duquesne in the final minutes.

Richmond 48 to 42 at St. Joes with 13:11 left.

Louisville beats Duke 78 to 69.

Jayson Tatum 31 minutes 3-11 FG, 5 for 6 FT, 5 rebounds, 3 turnovers 1 steal.

Jayson career stats  averaging 17.4 points, 6.8 rebounds and 2.2 assists, 85.7% FT's

Dayton did indeed wash the Dooks away.  Dayton is a prime example of what works in this league and was what we did a scant three years ago --- have decent distribution over your classes,keep guys foir four years, and be upperclass dominated.  Having siad that, I can't wait for Scoochie, Pollard, Kyle Davis, and Charles Cooke to move on.  The sophomore Xeryrius Williams looked really good today.  Plus, Mike and Lewis were well-matched as opposed to our front line.  Dayton was never challenged.  And iot sthe PPG Center ---- used to be Consol Energy.  Better place than Palumbo but a "home" game feel due to the Dayton travelling contingent.

Richmond stands along atop the A10 with a 5 and 0 record with today's win at the Fightin' Martelli's.  TJ Cline continues to look all-world. Almost a triple-double with 15 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists.  Every offensive play Richmond runs goes through Cline.  Making momma Nancy Lieberman Cline proud.  Cline's only weakness appears to be FT shooting.  Richmond's game was like ours ---- they got up big, St.Joe's fought back, failed to tie however, and dropped off.  The fatc that former walk-on Brendan Casper got 22 minutes shows just how weak the Joeys bench is.  Javon Baumann fouled out in 7 minutes and James Demery was downright awful today.

Davidson knocked VCU out of the unbeaten ranks and avenged three losses to the Rams last year.  A nice game, nip-and-tuck most of the way.  But Jack Gibbs' 30, coupled with Peyton Aldridge's 24 swayed the tide.  Rusty Riegel scored ten meaning three guys scored all but 5 of Davidson's points.  I think one of the biggest busts in terms of failing to live up to recruiting hype is VCU's Jordsan Burgess.  A four-star recruit out of high school, Burgess posted another goose egg today and is closer to that level than stardom for all four (and he redshirted his first year) of hsi VCU years. My new friend gopher said inanother thread that Wade is a recruiter extraordinnaire.  His recruits scored all of three points in today's game; the rest came from Shaka's leftovers.

The Bonnies got a spirited game from Fordham in their Rochester digs away from home but still won by twenty.  The Bonnies PG Jaylen Adams remains out with an injury.  I will say both teams looked like college basketball teams-----very athletic to say the least.  Fordham plays a very fast,scrambling attack double team defense which really accelerated the game but if you break it, there are so many holes both inside and from the arc.  Both looked more athletic than we are and that is very hard to say about these teams based on past history.

Umass @ Rhode Island and GeeDubya @ La Salle are both on NBCSN tomorrow at 1430/1330 and then 1630/1530.  Every team in the A10 on TV this weekend.  Get 'em on up!

Watching UMass Vs RI second break 16 to 8 UMass.

The UMass huge center is huge.

A lot of empty seats again for a contending A10 team.

I love it when Hurley gets beat so go UMass.

Just now, CBFan said:

Watching UMass Vs RI second break 16 to 8 UMass.

The UMass huge center is huge.

A lot of empty seats again for a contending A10 team.

I love it when Hurley gets beat so go UMass.

Yeah he's a complete joke on the sideline

RI beats UMass 79-77 Holloway is a beast for UMass and that will be a tough task for Reggie, however Holloway tires easily.

LaSalle up 36-28 on GW

LaSalle 79 69 over GW, LaSalle 4-1 in conference.

Early conference Richmond is undefeated at 5-0 and on top for now.