Coaching styles

I have been thinking about this for  a while, but last nite's game really brought it to my attention.  Watching Jay Spoonhour stomping his foot to get the attention of his team, just like his dad did when he coached the Bills brought a smile to this  old face.  I remember Charlie doing it when he wanted the team to play harder, mostly when we were on defense, as I remember.  

Did anyone think it looked like TF last nite had a fist and was ready to punch the ref that called the walking call on RA toward the end of the game last nite?  He is a little firebrand, IMHO. I cant wait til we get into the league schedule a bit.  He will get a bit hotter then, Im sure.

I think of Majerus, standing there all game with his hands on his knees, watching observing. In my mind he was watching the moving pieces like a chess match, like he would draw up a play on a napkin at any given moment. Every stoppage in play was an opportunity to teach, to bring over a player to critique positioning or whatever.   Hardly ever seemed to argue or show up a ref. He might have said something as the ref ran by, but never seemed to bait or 'work the refs'.

Dont need to say much about Jim Crews.  Inability to call time outs at appropriate times to stop runs by the opponent. At times seemed clueless to change things in time outs, half time to change the direction of a game. I agree with previous poster that last nite's game would have been an L for sure with JC in charge.

Soderberg my memory is of him getting angry and pulling off his sport coat and flinging it to the ground when angry with a call.  Got a few T's over it, too.

There have been several times this season that I've thought Ford showed more emotion in a few seconds than Crews showed in 4 years combined. 

During the Southern Utah game, something frustrated Ford so much that jumped straight up in the air. Decent vertical considering he was wearing dress shoes. Probably the most athleticism I've seen from a SLU head coach since Majerus grabbed a laptop off press row at Xavier, realized he did something wrong, and scurried down to the end of the bench. Other exception being when Crews pushed Jolly several feet last year.