Vermont from planted arse in couch in MD .....

Taj79

Its not really feasible for us to go play at Vermont. I think we would only do it if we had a player from around those parts, but considering we play at UMass probably not a chance we would go there. Plenty of teams we could travel to by bus that play in small arenas.

Vermont does have a solid program. Its coaching, plain and simple.

However, guys, it is not for us to decide whether we play Vermont or where we play Vermont in the future. This is for the administration to decide. All we can say is that they are a good team and we enjoyed playing them. Do not be discouraged 802, we may meet again.

Surprised you can get such decent players to go there given your "grim" description of their facility. Those kids must like maple syrup.

I think the hook is our conference is an automatic NCAA bid and UVM has contended for that trip nearly every year during the past 15 years. We have made 6 NCAAA trips with 2 first round wins and multiple NIT & some CBI invites. We aren't drawing elite players but very good student athletes who know they have a very good shot at seeing the NCAA tourney, even if we are a 15-16 seed and draw the best out there. But you want to beat the best right? I hope we keep going to SLU - I have heard our coach talk and he respects the Billikens program and they were treated well on both visits. The maple syrup is awesome too!