From Mudkat the VCU Fan

MUDKAT

I have to agree with you about the A-10 versus the Big East right now. It's almost a push as far as quality of the league. Butler is way down after its coach left, which really burns us because they're a non-catholic school that took our place in the catholic league, and Creighton will be down soon when McDermott (probably both) leave. Villanova will probably not sustain its current success, which leaves the league hoping that its old traditional powers like Marquette and Georgetown return to former glory.

The important piece of the puzzle your not considering in your not so veiled plea for us to stay in your league is the proximity issue. The closest team to SLU in the A-10 is Dayton. The next closest is Duquesne in Pittsburgh. Our swimming team, softball/baseball teams, volleyball teams, etc. have to head to the east coast for almost every road game they play.

When we get into the Big East, we will have Creighton, DePaul, Marquette, Xavier, and Butler much closer to us than Duquesne currently is. For that reason alone, even though the current competition is about equal, we would jump ship in a heartbeat to go to the Big East. Plus, we'll make the Big East much better just by our presence.

OH MY GOD. Villanova won't sustain success? Seriously, where have you been the last 10 years? Villanova is part of the big boys at the top w/ MU and GTown.

Two doses of VCU is more than enough for one season, I'll give them that. I would really prefer anyone else in the A-10 championship game this time around. I'm starting to think Richmond has a real shot to get there, and we looked pretty good against them last time out.

Without Lindsay (and Williams), Fordham has the same likelyhood of Richmond making it to the A10 championship. Anthony is good but he's about all they have now.

A10 championship will likely be: SLU vs (GW, Umass, or VCU.)