Soccer Recruiting Question

aj_arete

Not sure on the recruiting targets thus far. We are losing Sweetin (dynamic midfielder/winger starter), Roeckle (steady left-back starter), Shackleford (surprisingly good goalie/starter), and Adnan (guy with moments of amazing play and goals but was simply too one-dimensional up top for his size). We brought in a decent class last year, with none of the them really getting any significant playing time so not sure how impactful anyone of them will be next year.

We lose Manning, Lee, Bryce, and Hidalgo next year so a center back, wing mids, and forward are likely on the docket..

Any idea where their recruiting targets might be for next season. Where is the greatest need that you see in the offseason?

-Andre Rivers-Hardware 2014 D Houston Texas Texans SC Houston

-Christian Young 2014 F Pearland Texas Eclipse (Texas)

-John Bovill 2014 D Sacramento California Sacramento United

-Flavio Bonavides 2014 MF Houston Texas Texans SC Houston

-David Geerling 2014 F St. Louis Missouri Lou Fusz SC

This is the list of SLU 2014 commits from Top Drawer. You can see by the current commitments that SLUBALLS had the positions right (these are current positions and SLU could use them elsewhere of course).

Rivers-Hardware and Bonavides are in the US Development Academy. Rivers-Hardware was in the Tottenham Hotspur youth system until he moved to the US in 2010. Bovill was named fall Soccer HS All-American and will be playing on a internet streamed all-star game next weekend. Young was named to some All-State Texas teams.

I am guessing there are people who know about CBC's Geerling here. http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/recruiting/cbc-s-geerling-commits-to-slu/article_6e4e4da8-2156-11e3-8385-0019bb30f31a.html

One of the reasons why I asked is one of my students at Darton State College (Albany, GA), Enrique Bello, was planning a visit there in January. I believe he's a left-footed MF.

-Andre Rivers-Hardware 2014 D Houston Texas Texans SC Houston

-Christian Young 2014 F Pearland Texas Eclipse (Texas)

-John Bovill 2014 D Sacramento California Sacramento United

-Flavio Bonavides 2014 MF Houston Texas Texans SC Houston

-David Geerling 2014 F St. Louis Missouri Lou Fusz SC

This is the list of SLU 2014 commits from Top Drawer. You can see by the current commitments that SLUBALLS had the positions right (these are current positions and SLU could use them elsewhere of course).

Rivers-Hardware and Bonavides are in the US Development Academy. Rivers-Hardware was in the Tottenham Hotspur youth system until he moved to the US in 2010. Bovill was named fall Soccer HS All-American and will be playing on a internet streamed all-star game next weekend. Young was named to some All-State Texas teams.

I am guessing there are people who know about CBC's Geerling here. http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/recruiting/cbc-s-geerling-commits-to-slu/article_6e4e4da8-2156-11e3-8385-0019bb30f31a.html

I don't think we have had Academy players since Ward right?

I don't think we have had Academy players since Ward right?

I do not know but there are many more kids playing in these leagues and skipping HS soccer (well over 100 development academy teams now). So, both SLU recruits are regulars for the Texans SC Houston team and there team is doing pretty good.

Oh, my bad....I assumed "Academy" meant Bradenton.

They will be playing in Bradenton next week along with dozens of USSDA teams across the country, but no they are not part of the national U18 team (which is also participating in the event I believe but not playing the Texans SC Houston). It is a confusing system now and I am not expert on it.

Not sure on the recruiting targets thus far. We are losing Sweetin (dynamic midfielder/winger starter), Roeckle (steady left-back starter), Shackleford (surprisingly good goalie/starter), and Adnan (guy with moments of amazing play and goals but was simply too one-dimensional up top for his size). We brought in a decent class last year, with none of the them really getting any significant playing time so not sure how impactful anyone of them will be next year.

We lose Manning, Lee, Bryce, and Hidalgo next year so a center back, wing mids, and forward are likely on the docket..

And Kristo