chris monter column on liddell

St. Louis signee Tommie Liddell bound for Hargrave

By Chris Monter

Date: May 28, 2004

St Louis signee Tommie Liddell will play at Chatham (VA) Hargrave Military Academy next season. Liddell failed to qualify after being named a first-team All-Metro selection as a senior. He averaged 16.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists for East St. Louis last season and led the Flyers to the Illinois supersectionals. However, Lidell's father, Tommie Sr. told me that he plans to re-sgin with the Billikens.

Tommie Liddell was considered the top player signed by the Billikens. They also inked Antwan Alexander, a 6-2 point guard from Wabash Valley (IL) CC, Dwayne Polk, a 5-9 point guard from St. Louis (MO) Vashon, Luke Meyer, a 6-5 small forward from Washington (MO) St. Francis Borgia and Vas'shun Newborne, a 6-6 small forward from Chipola (FL) CC.

Head coach Brad Soderberg had told the St. Louis Dispatch that he has high hopes from Liddell.

"I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this young man has a chance to play beyond St. Louis University if everything works out and he develops his potential to the fullest," Soderberg said in November. "He is as skilled a guard as I've been around in 20 years in the business."

chris' site is a subscription site of which i subscribe. that said, occasionally some of his stories are not blocked. so you can see. i have my page set up to automatically sign in so not sure if this is one of them or not. here is his link.

btw, for those of you that dont know who chris monter is, imo he is the best authority on the nba draft. he follows college and high school very close and it is amazing each year how close he gets on picking the nba draft.

http://collegebasketballnews.theinsiders.com/