A-10 power rankings, award choices (with Dwayne as DPOY)

A10-ISL

Since I’ve been posting here in recent weeks, could I interest you in the final edition of power rankings, and some POY, ROY, DPOY and all-conference choices? As always, let me know where I’m going wrong. The awards discussion in particular should be interesting.

Rankings here: http://www.indysportslegends.com/2013/03/12/atlantic-10-power-rankings-billikens-end-on-top/

And awards here: http://www.indysportslegends.com/2013/03/11/butler-notebook-passing-out-atlantic-10-awards/

On behalf of everyone at ISL, I sincerely thank you for reading this season. This conference has wonderful fans at every institution, and if this is my only season covering the A-10, what with Butler apparently leaving so soon, you all helped to make it memorable. I wish the Billikens all the luck in the future. As Sinatra said, the best is yet to come.

Chris Goff

Butler beat writer, IndySportsLegends.com

-I normally don't care much about individual awards in team sports, but since he asked....

-we win the league, as a team, and yet we get only one player on the first 3 teams and we lead the league in defense by almost 5 points per game and we have one player on the all defense team? not getting it, I was almost surprised to see us #1 in his power rankings

Looks like you took the perceived best player on the best defensive team and made him defensive player of the year. Evans is the 3rd or 4th best defensive player on his own team. Jordair Jett is a lock for all-defensive team and probably DPOY. Ramon Galloway deserves to be on the 1st team, can't say if he will be there or not. Cody Ellis or Jordair Jett also deserve 3rd team at least.