Bracketology

I was surfing and dropped in on the B10 network near the end of an "inside the selection process" show. Apparently Jerry Palm (CBS) and another guy illustrated the process as a mock selection committee. They assumed all current league leaders would dance, and didn't talk about them while I watched, but unless my eyes are failing, SLU ended up as a #4! I have to DVR this and see who the other guy was - I assume Palm had his arm twisted.

Next (and last) showing I see is tomorrow (Wednesday) at 12:30 pm CT.

OK, I see Palm has us as #4 in the South tonight.

It was sportswriter Mike DeCourcy. They put us #4 in South, playing #13 Bucknell.

Edited by Prairie Bill

On March 1 the ESPN bracketology had us at a 4 seed in KC playing against Creighton... Interesting that two wins for a combined 26 points wasn't enough to even keep our seed...

Is it just me or does it seem like Lunardi really doesn't like us?

Is it just me or does it seem like Lunardi really doesn't like us?

I think you misread that. We were listed as a 6 seed facing Creighton and moved up to a 5 this week

Lunardi still doesn't respect us as much as the rest of the ESPN analysts. He (Bilas and Mike Simon) gave the Bills the lowest ranking (21) of the 18 voters on ESPN power rankings .

Lunardi still doesn't respect us as much as the rest of the ESPN analysts. He (Bilas and Mike Simon) gave the Bills the lowest ranking (21) of the 18 voters on ESPN power rankings .

What's up with that? You'd think we'd get some love form a fellow A10 guy. Jealous about our success maybe, jealous about our possible entry into the Big East?

I find it strange, he was high on us last year (if I remember correctly), and at the beginning of the year he showed a lot of love, but with more success has come more doubt from him.

Bilias I get, he loves the power conferences, hes all about that, if we beat duke by 40 he'd call it a fluke.

And I guess Lunardi might be a little pissed after whooped up on his St. Joe's... Although, I don't know if it's necessarily a bad thing that we don't get any respect from him. We've always thrived as the underdog, being the underdog in some people's eyes will only give us more to prove.

What's up with that? You'd think we'd get some love form a fellow A10 guy. Jealous about our success maybe, jealous about our possible entry into the Big East?

I find it strange, he was high on us last year (if I remember correctly), and at the beginning of the year he showed a lot of love, but with more success has come more doubt from him.

Bilias I get, he loves the power conferences, hes all about that, if we beat duke by 40 he'd call it a fluke.

Considering many of us would have drooled over a 5 seed at the start of the season i'm still feeling pretty good about it

Indiana got beat at home last night by Ohio State. There are no really outstanding teams in college basketball this year. If we're ever going to make a deep run, it'll be this year with this team.

No outstanding team: agreed.

Ever going to make a run, this year: disagreed.

I think with our success this year we'll be able to boost recruiting and getting into the new BE would REALLY boost recruiting. Jim Crews still being up there in the COY race has gotta help. Lots of factors and worst-case scenario we have a dry year before getting back on top.