Big East to target 12 teams, keep name; 10 teams for now

AlumniFan

haha...I know. I am dedicated to pulling it off but jogging up behind him seemed like a bad strategy. Hopefully PC is up at halftime against UCONN and I can make my move!

Fr. shanley was walking ahead of me today on campus. I chickened out on catching up to him and just flat out asking about SLU.

Jesus, will you grow a freaking pair, please? This is important.

(j/k)

This should not be passed over by SLU fans..

"I feel strongly that the Catholic schools are going to be there with us," Brey said. "That's one of the reasons we decided to sit tight. It looked like the Catholic schools were not going to be able to formulate the league they're going to put together. Could they put it together in the next six weeks? Nothing would shock me."

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/75203/notre-dame-not-leaving-big-east-yet

If ND decides that it wants in with the Catholic schools (it would be an incredibly smart move, assuming they get to keep their football money), then all bets are off in terms as what schools end up being in the new conference. I always found it odd that ND was never put in this conversation, as it was.

I take that to mean they are staying for next season instead of bolting in order to decrease their exit fee. If there is a competitive league, make sense. However, they agreed to a 50 mil exit fee from the ACC as part of their entry into the league, and that would be a huge hit to overcome

Agree...don't see the upside for ND to give up ACC membership for C7. The ACC deal is perfect for them...they dump the dying BE for a great bball and olympic sport conference and get to stay independent in football with the benefit of a scheduling partnership. I love me some C7 but don't see ND coming along.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dneuner" data-cid="341224" data-time="1360290240"><p>

This should not be passed over by SLU fans..<br />

<br />

<br />

<a href='http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/75203/notre-dame-not-leaving-big-east-yet'>http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/75203/notre-dame-not-leaving-big-east-yet</a><br />

<br />

If ND decides that it wants in with the Catholic schools (it would be an incredibly smart move, assuming they get to keep their football money), then all bets are off in terms as what schools end up being in the new conference. I always found it odd that ND was never put in this conversation, as it was.</p></blockquote>

They are going to the acc. That article just said they will wait one more year to do so.