Post Game Press Conference

rambo

Wow. Talk about tug on the heart strings. That was compelling TV. Lots of good stuff in there from Majerus. The anonymous friend who gifted $45 K to buy extra hoops for free-throw practice, the road trip to Iowa today to get a recruit before he lands in the Big 10, the advice he received from fellow Chase tenant Tony LaRussa. Wow....thanks Billikens!!

Playing for Majerus is not for everybody, but guys like Conklin who get it and embrace playing for RM are winners. If I am not mistaken, was Conklin the first player to commit to RM? I know Eberhardt did in the spring, but that was really more of a Thorpe/Sodie deal.

The Big Dance strengthened my belief that RM was the true A-10 coach of the year. I like Dunphy, but he took another experienced team with a good seed and then fell flat in the first round. Contrast that to RM who took a 12-19 team the previous year and then got them into the Round of 32 the following season. And once RM gets a team in the Dance, you see how well his teams perform... 11-1 in first round games. We gave Michigan State all they could handle yesterday. I have no doubt that when we get back to the Dance, RM is capable of leading a deep run. I'm proud to be a member of the Majerus Brigade.