MSU by 5

The Wiz

Big match-up will be Appling and Mitchell. Aaron Hack of tOSU gets a lot of attention for his defense. Our PG, Keith Appling is probably the 2nd best defensive guard in the B1G. He's quick, athletic, and has good size for the 1. Ideally, he will be able to frustrate and limit Mitchell's offensive production. I know that won't be an easy task.

"The Tradition" Haha. Does most teams in Michigan give themselves or their arenas nicknames? See the self proclaimed "Hockeytown" for the Red Wings. Then again we have "Baseball Heaven" so I will be quiet. The Tradition, dumb.

No, we don't call ourselves that. That guy is not one of us, as someone upthread suggested.

The handle, SpartyOn, is a giveaway. We don't like the Sparty thing. Sparty is our mascot; it's not a metonym for Michigan State University. Also, he apparently thinks Branden Dawson's first name is Brendan.

We do have shibboleths. SpartyOn doesn't pronounce them correctly.

"The Tradition" Haha. Does most teams in Michigan give themselves or their arenas nicknames? See the self proclaimed "Hockeytown" for the Red Wings. Then again we have "Baseball Heaven" so I will be quiet. The Tradition, dumb.

I've never seen "The Tradition" used to describe Michigan State. Michigan has "the Big House" which houses over 100,000 trailer-trash Wolverine fans. Michigan State plays in the Breslin Center and Spartan Stadium.

Big match-up will be Appling and Mitchell. Aaron Hack of tOSU gets a lot of attention for his defense. Our PG, Keith Appling is probably the 2nd best defensive guard in the B1G. He's quick, athletic, and has good size for the 1. Ideally, he will be able to frustrate and limit Mitchell's offensive production. I know that won't be an easy task.

Should be an interesting matchup but we play two point guards at all times. Mike McCall is just as quick off the dribble as Mitchell but just doesn't play with the same swagger yet. We need McCall to come up big tomorrow. Others have to pick up on the offensive end tomorrow. I am sure from your standpoint focus on containing Mitchell and see if the other Billikens can beat you. Can't argue with the strategy.

If you want to talk hoops, come on over to the Red Cedar Message Board. There are some fairly knowledgable posters over there. If you want to talk to meatheads like "numberonealcove", you can stop by Spartan Magazine. It's like watching a reality show at the Mag. Yes, "numberoneclove" and his associates behave like idiots and take underinformed to the next level, but in the end it does make you feel better about yourself.

Here is an old clip of Majerus. It's quite brief:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I72DZCDN3Bs