Crowd today

slu72

None of the stations in StL bought the package at first because they were use to getting the games for practically nothing.

Then explain how X and Dayton get all of their games televised. Aren't they in the A10.

Simple, the broadcasting people in Dayton and X bought the package.

And they can do that profitably because they already have an established viewer and sponsor base built on the reputation both teams have earned. When we have popular (i.e. winning) teams, people will want to watch them play.

I think some on this board are suggesting that SLU subsidize local stations to televise games, but that sets a bad precedent IMHO.

Next year you'll just have to get season tickets! ;)

I will wait until I really need to get season tickets to get season tickets. but when I can go to my first eight games this season for a grand total of $7, its not time for season tickets. so far I've been to nine games and paid for $39 dollars worth of tix. I've spent more money on beer at the 'Fetz.

Keep this in mind, gentlemen: The average attendance in DI ball has ranged between 5,050 and 5,300 over the past 25 years. Our attendance this year is on track to be about 7,700 per game or close to it based on where we are YTD and what I expect from the X game. That is a nice premium over the average D1 Team and would put us in the 60-70 range in terms of rank out of 345 D1 teams. It would also be a 23.4% increase over last year. Still, this is a lot lower than Sodeberg's last year which checked in at 9,667; this was the season that we went 20-13. To get the big numbers, you obviously have to go back to Spoon's big days, but even after the Hughes year, attendance began to drop of significantly. Hopefully, we are back on a significant uptrend!

Keep this in mind, gentlemen: The average attendance in DI ball has ranged between 5,050 and 5,300 over the past 25 years. Our attendance this year is on track to be about 7,700 per game or close to it based on where we are YTD and what I expect from the X game. That is a nice premium over the average D1 Team and would put us in the 60-70 range in terms of rank out of 345 D1 teams. It would also be a 23.4% increase over last year. Still, this is a lot lower than Sodeberg's last year which checked in at 9,667; this was the season that we went 20-13. To get the big numbers, you obviously have to go back to Spoon's big days, but even after the Hughes year, attendance began to drop of significantly. Hopefully, we are back on a significant uptrend!

I would agree with this. A lot of people freak out about attendance because of how high we were in attendance during the Spoon years, but those seem to be outliers. SLU attendance this year is ok, not great, but I would expect it to trend upward if they can have sustained success.

Attendance average that year had a spike due to the North Carolina game that had 22,500.

Came in from Texas for the game. This was the second game I've been to and the crowd was decent. I remembered the student section being louder last year but I don't remember the crowd being as full. Glad this was the game I could come to this year and wish there were more on TV!

Attendance average that year had a spike due to the North Carolina game that had 22,500.

I remember that. They bused in the entire town of poplar bluff to see Tyler Hansborough. One could have gone down there and had the run of the town.