SLU freshmen compared to previous years

With this season about to come to an end, I decided to check and see how the freshmen on this year's Billikens stack up against other freshmen in the SLU record books. I used my SLU media guide from last year, and tried to account for the stats of last year's freshmen (Ellis, Remekun, Salecich, Smith, and Jordan), so the counts hopefully are accurate. For your information, the media guide lists the top 10 for each statistical category.

The freshman making the biggest impression on the freshman class record books is Mike McCall. As of the end of today's game, he stands 9th in total points scored with 309 on the season. In the Dayton game, he surpassed Erwin Claggett , and today against Xavier he surpassed Tommie Liddell. Barring SLU getting 3 mores games out of the season, the only player Mike really has a chance to surpass on points is Kevin Lisch, who sits at 321. With 3 games, Kwamain Mitchell (342) and Roland Gray (344) could come into the picture. If he had more free throw attempts, he'd have a chance to set the freshman free throw percentage record with his current clip of 81%, but he is 12 attempts shy of the minimum of 75 to get on the list. At 40 3-pointers on the year, Mike is just behind a trio tied for 4th place with 42, consisting of Larry Hughes, Vincent Smith, and Kwamain Mitchell. At 87 assists, he sits 4th, 2 behind Josh Fisher. 31 steals puts him 9th, with Anthony Bonner (32), Carlos McCauley (33), Dwayne Polk (34), and Anthony Drejaj (35) potentially in striking distance.

Dwayne Evans is currently 5th in total rebounds with 195. He's 1 behind Willie Becton and 6 behind Tommie Liddell. He's 6th in rebounds per game, with it probably unlikely that he will increase his average enough to eclipse Liddell or drop down to Julian Winfield. At 49.2 on field goal percentage, he currently sits 8th, a few hundredths of a percent ahead of Ricky Frazier and behind Carl Johnson. I think he is 7th in blocks.

Rob Loe is in a tie for 8th in blocked shots with Tommie Liddell. He is in 11th place in 3-pointers made with 29, 5 behind Erwin Claggett.

Jordair Jett is 2nd in steals with 43. He passed Josh Fisher and Jeramy Biles today. Not going to go any higher than that, as he is 26 steals behind Larry Hughes. At 72 assists, he's 5 behind a 3 way tie for 8th consisting of Hughes, Liddell, and Leartha Scott.

With this season about to come to an end, I decided to check and see how the freshmen on this year's Billikens stack up against other freshmen in the SLU record books. I used my SLU media guide from last year, and tried to account for the stats of last year's freshmen (Ellis, Remekun, Salecich, Smith, and Jordan), so the counts hopefully are accurate. For your information, the media guide lists the top 10 for each statistical category.

The freshman making the biggest impression on the freshman class record books is Mike McCall. As of the end of today's game, he stands 9th in total points scored with 309 on the season. In the Dayton game, he surpassed Erwin Claggett , and today against Xavier he surpassed Tommie Liddell. Barring SLU getting 3 mores games out of the season, the only player Mike really has a chance to surpass on points is Kevin Lisch, who sits at 321. With 3 games, Kwamain Mitchell (342) and Roland Gray (344) could come into the picture. If he had more free throw attempts, he'd have a chance to set the freshman free throw percentage record with his current clip of 81%, but he is 12 attempts shy of the minimum of 75 to get on the list. At 40 3-pointers on the year, Mike is just behind a trio tied for 4th place with 42, consisting of Larry Hughes, Vincent Smith, and Kwamain Mitchell. At 87 assists, he sits 4th, 2 behind Josh Fisher. 31 steals puts him 9th, with Anthony Bonner (32), Carlos McCauley (33), Dwayne Polk (34), and Anthony Drejaj (35) potentially in striking distance.

Dwayne Evans is currently 5th in total rebounds with 195. He's 1 behind Willie Becton and 6 behind Tommie Liddell. He's 6th in rebounds per game, with it probably unlikely that he will increase his average enough to eclipse Liddell or drop down to Julian Winfield. At 49.2 on field goal percentage, he currently sits 8th, a few hundredths of a percent ahead of Ricky Frazier and behind Carl Johnson. I think he is 7th in blocks.

Rob Loe is in a tie for 8th in blocked shots with Tommie Liddell. He is in 11th place in 3-pointers made with 29, 5 behind Erwin Claggett.

Jordair Jett is 2nd in steals with 43. He passed Josh Fisher and Jeramy Biles today. Not going to go any higher than that, as he is 26 steals behind Larry Hughes. At 72 assists, he's 5 behind a 3 way tie for 8th consisting of Hughes, Liddell, and Leartha Scott.

Nice finds there...puts a nice little spin on this development year.

Great research and stats! Makes us realize what a good recruting class we had this past year.

Good work. Really adds to the perspective of our freshman. The pain of having to watch our freshman carry the load this season should hopefully pay dividends in the future as these young men mature that much more quickly due to lessons learned.