...and the winner is......

Iggy

IGGY!!!

Pre-season record pick...19-13

In-season game by game pick 'em contest...an untouchable 356 points! That score may not be touched for many years.

I'd like to thank all of you for chipping in to pay for my trip for two to the Virgin Islands next fall as first prize!

Norman Dale gave me a good run early in the year, but then disappeared. BRoy was just a little too optimistic to have a chance at catching me. Thicks, were you able to hold on to second place? Thanks a bunch Thicks for running the contest. It was fun. Let's do it again.

I expect to update the standings to the final version later today.

Iggy, I didn't finish second. Billikan passed me on the last game because I decided to "go for it." I didn't want the season to end, so why pick the team to lose? That was more important to me than ensuring that I finished second in the pick-em contest. I knew that if the Billikens lost by anywhere between 7 and 13 points I would slip into third place, but what difference does that make? Neither second nor third wins.

Three of my final four are already gone (Cincinnati, Stanford and Gonzaga). Looks like I used up all of my psychic powers. I do still have the Champions as St. Joseph's alive. Although, a lot of that's just wishful thinking to stick it to Billy Packer!!!!