URI game thoughts

bk18

Cody Ellis played the complete opposite of how he started this season. He actually looked like one of the tougher guys out there. I saw him go hard for rebounds and play tough defense. Definitely happy with his performance.

Cory Remekun. 2 monster Jams. One was an &1. He also shot his free throws well. I'd like to see us use Cory on offense more often. He also was very close to some blocks.

Jordair Jett played one heck of a game. He had a ton of key points. He really knows how to use his speed. He played the best defense he could against Pharaoh James, but he just didn't have the height to guard him in some plays. I'd say JJ and KC share the man of the match award.

Dwayne Evans had a solid game, but could not guard Pharaoh James due to his lack of strength. It seemed like Jordair Jett was stronger when guarding him. I think DE needs to put on 20 pounds of muscle by next year. I wish we could have got Dwayne some more shots.

Rob Loe was 0-6 and 0-4 behind 3 point land. What happened? Did he use all his makes against Georgia or something? He played fairly good defense early on against that big 32 seven footer.

Mike McCall had a good game. He had some nice outside shots and played well overall. The refs screwed him on a number of terrible calls.

Kyle Cassity had 5 assists but couldn't seem to get any penetration like he usualy does. I would have liked to see him or Paul guard the Pharaoh guy.

Christian actually had a good game on a smaller scale. Took just one shot but drained it. He played good defense as well.

Brian Conklin was just OK. He should have been more involved on offense.

The craziest part of the game was discovering that Jim Baron isn't who we think he is. He's actually someone else wearing a disguise mask.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The SLUNATICS had a pretty good showing last night.

Also I thought my Gorilla in a Bikini costume caused some missed free throws as they shot 45% from the line in the second half. Wish I got a picture of it.

Cody Ellis played the complete opposite of how he started this season. He actually looked like one of the tougher guys out there. I saw him go hard for rebounds and play tough defense. Definitely happy with his performance.

Cory Remekun. 2 monster Jams. One was an &1. He also shot his free throws well. I'd like to see us use Cory on offense more often. He also was very close to some blocks.

Jordair Jett played one heck of a game. He had a ton of key points. He really knows how to use his speed. He played the best defense he could against Pharaoh James, but he just didn't have the height to guard him in some plays. I'd say JJ and KC share the man of the match award.

Dwayne Evans had a solid game, but could not guard Pharaoh James due to his lack of strength. It seemed like Jordair Jett was stronger when guarding him. I think DE needs to put on 20 pounds of muscle by next year. I wish we could have got Dwayne some more shots.

Rob Loe was 0-6 and 0-4 behind 3 point land. What happened? Did he use all his makes against Georgia or something? He played fairly good defense early on against that big 32 seven footer.

Mike McCall had a good game. He had some nice outside shots and played well overall. The refs screwed him on a number of terrible calls.

Kyle Cassity had 5 assists but couldn't seem to get any penetration like he usualy does. I would have liked to see him or Paul guard the Pharaoh guy.

Christian actually had a good game on a smaller scale. Took just one shot but drained it. He played good defense as well.

The craziest part of the game was discovering that Jim Baron isn't who we think he is. He's actually someone else wearing a disguise mask.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also I thought my Gorilla in a Bikini costume caused some missed free throws as they shot 45% from the line in the second half. Wish I got a picture of it.

BK at least give me credit for the Jim Baron discovery.

We need him to score.

I thought it was a lack of quickness that caused DE to get burned and not strength.

What game were you watching? Overstatement of the year.

Posted Image

Posted Image

responses in bold.

Absolutely. I can't remember him standing out in the game one time.

I have to agree here. All I remember from BC was him getting used and abused by James anythime he was in there. He also was completely uninvolved on the offensive end. Basically, I think it was just a bad matchup for him.

Agree with your assessment that he looked like one of the tougher guys out there, but he has to be able to make at least ONE of his three-point shots!

Dwayne Evans had a solid game, but could not guard Pharaoh James due to his lack of strength. It seemed like Jordair Jett was stronger when guarding him. I think DE needs to put on 20 pounds of muscle by next year. I wish we could have got Dwayne some more shots. Agree with someone else who wrote they think it wasn't because of his strength that he got beat. I actually think Dwayne was the best defender on said opponent - why was he taken out in the last 4:30 of the game!?

Rob Loe was 0-6 and 0-4 behind 3 point land. What happened? Did he use all his makes against Georgia or something? He played fairly good defense early on against that big 32 seven footer. Same sentiments here as with Cody Ellis. These two needs to make some of their shots. Porter Moser said after the game that the last 3 days in practice, these two have been lighting it up from 3. Yet when they got in the game, couldn't make anything. Just don't understand.

Christian actually had a good game on a smaller scale. Took just one shot but drained it. He played good defense as well. This is probably why I responded in the first place. I completely disagree with your assessment of his defense. Any time he was taken one on one by Rhody's guard, he was beat BADLY. He got lucky once by letting him go pass and jumping over the top to block him, but overall, IMO I think he is the worst defensive guard (if not player) on the team.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The SLUNATICS had a pretty good showing last night. Agree. Good showing by the SLUNATICS. Worried that they might not show up to the next game since we lost, but I'm optimistic.

Also I thought my Gorilla in a Bikini costume caused some missed free throws as they shot 45% from the line in the second half. Wish I got a picture of it. I agree. It did cause some missed free throws. Well done.

Responses in BOLD