Bernies article on Saturday

cheeseman

tseugnekillib,

I'd buy into your last statement. I also agree with the notion that Bernie does a good job on the pro sports commnetary and does not do the same kind of consistent and knowledgeable commentary on the college front.

Scriv: I'm not absolving Bernie of responsibility. I'm just pointing out that there are some pretty tangible avenues for rebutting him -- even one-on-one, on KMOX -- and SLU doesn't seem to have the finesse to get its message out in this way.

Skip: You're right -- the main problem, I think, was the subject line. It implies that folks can't read, when in fact, what I meant to say explicitly was that it's better to read the original than to react to a paraphrase.

I'm also reacting -- perhaps overreacting, but it's becoming a pet peeve -- to the MVC bashing. Objectively, A-10 vs. MVC is easy to defend. But whenever good Billikens start to trash the MVC, we're no better than the partisans of the so-called "elite" schools who have long turned up their noses at C-USA, or for that matter, all but three or four conferences. We're saying, just as the elitists seem to say to us, that the MVC has no chance of ever clawing its way up, much the same way we've been trying to claw our way up for 10 or 15 years now. It's not honorable on our part.

In any event, as I said on Bernie's forum, any speculation about SLU and the MVC, at this point in time, is saying that if your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle. It's moot. Beat Xavier!

I agree. BM may also like to pull the strings of Billiken fans just to attract readers.

But the main issue, as you said, is that he is still likely bent out of shape about how he was/was not kept in the loop in regard to Brad's hiring.