Billiken soccer

Lobo

I'm not 100% sure ... but I think that puts us tied with Louisville but they would get the championship based upon their victory over us. It would though give us a 1st rd bye in the CUSA tourney ... if we can win that we would almost be assured of a couple of home games in the NCAA tourney.

A quote from C-USA Soccer...

The Cardinals have finished the regular season and will need help to win the 2003 crown because the Billikens can claim the title with a win at No. 20 UAB on Saturday. However, if the Blazers upset SLU, they would be tied with the Cardinals and the regular-season champions could be decided on tiebreakers.

No mention of Marquette vs Cinci

A win wins the conference for SLU. Cincy at Marquette...well...Marquette has still yet to win a road game all season, and have only one road tie(at SLU), but are 9-1 at home. I like Marquette in that one, to at least get a tie.

And...I wouldn't consider a UAB win an upset msyelf at UAB. How about another SLU OT winner? It would be fitting.

Courtside ... good to hear from you. If Cinci wins and we win we finish with identical conference records. With them beating us ... how does that give us the CUSA crown. I agree a win today will be tough. To much work to figure out what happens with a Cinci loss and a tie for us ... as that is what I think will happen ... Do you know?

Just so you know that the A Ten has some decent soccer teams, Dayton's women won the conference championship and it's third straight NCAA invite beating Richmond on their home field earlier today. The men's squad is 14-5-2 and has been ranked a couple of times this year. I know thw Billikens have had good mens and womens programs, but I assure you when you get into the conference, there definitly will be competition for you. See you in '05 or if they speed things up,2004.