SLU Buys Waring School Property

Box and Won

As Bill_Ken_R mentioned in an earlier post. Here is the press release from the St. Louis Business Journal:

SLU buys SLPS' Waring School for $1.25 million

Saint Louis University has purchased Waring School from the St. Louis Public School for $1,251,000.

Waring School, at 25 S. Compton, was closed over the summer because of declining enrollment. The school originally opened in 1940.

The St. Louis Business Journal reported in its Oct. 17 issue that the St. Louis Public School District put up 39 surplus properties for sale, including 16 schools that were closed. Waring School was listed for sale with an offering price of $1 million.

So, do you guys think we'll tear it down and build the arena there? I know it was mentioned before. I hope that's the case because I'd really like for us to break ground asap!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

I agree, this spot would be perfect. Right by the new garage and about 3-5 blocks from the old one. Students could walk to the games without having to leave campus. The question is, is there enough room here. if so, how much other stuff will have to be torn out (if anything)? tennis courts? the softball field? ponds?