SLU/Duke tickets

I shouldn't have clicked "View it Anyway" - Now I remember why I ignored the least likeable member of this forum in the first place.

I got my information from here: http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?4387-Tips-for-getting-tickets

If your reading comprehension was decent, you would have seen that my comment about the students was just an aside- I know that student tickets are a totally different ballgame there, and also that they shouldn't be viewed the same way as general tickets.

Basic reading comprehension skills would also have picked up on my "leap of faith" comment. I'm well aware of the challenges of obtaining tickets there and have clearly done some research on the matter. The only part of your post that is news to me is that you have at least one friend.

Additionally, if I found myself in Durham on the night of the big game, shutout of the building and looking for somewhere to watch it, I would not go to Hooters. I am not a sad, middle-aged man who gets his jollies by ogling women less than half my age in late-1980's workout clothes. You can continue to overpay for this experience, but I'd prefer to go somewhere that serves food I can actually digest.

I'm glad to see that sending your son to Duke gave you such a massive sense of entitlement to be a jerk to non-Dukies. Congrats on the 7th row tickets. You'll probably wear Duke gear.

You are a very bitter "guy".

Sure, a few tickets can be had, but flying-hoteling-car renting then hoping to pick up a cheap ticket right before the game is foolish.

Big weekend, no NCAA football, a lot of alums making trip to see the team before the holidays.

FYI I will wear SLU gear; hope we sneak up on 'em. If Duke is 9-0 or 8-1 and we are playing well, I also will bet SLU + 14 or whatever.

Cheese, turn on the sarcasm detector.

His posts up to that one would lead you to believe that he was naive enough to think he could buy a ticket for a cheap price. If a venue sells out all the time then the cost of a tix is going to be very high to buy on the open market. It is my understanding - I was told by a guy who went to Duke a few years ago that they check student IDs when you come in even with the tix because they do not want anybody but students who go to Duke sitting in their section - so you cannot even buy a student tix on the open market.

if you want our endorsement like we give 05, please present your blue crew resume. i.e. 05 has already reached legendary status as a student fan with his gametime approach and presense. enlighten us to your whereabouts, appearance, and activities at billiken games. thanks in advance.

Well this season, you will see me in a blue r33d jersey, either in the same row or one behind/in front of 05. 05 will attest to my intensity, passion, sometimes anger, and overall loudness at the games.

Not really looking for an endorsement, just tickets to the game haha :)