My 2 Cents

I was at 40 and 94 at 5:30 and I made it to my seat right at tip-off. I too thought the atmosphere was awesome (In the second half!) and the crowd was great, there were quite a few Iowa fans there.

The clock was disastrous...Apparently Guy Phillips was talking this morning about how he had to help the timekeeper out, talk about the blind leading the blind!!!

Drejaj was unstoppable! I'm not usually one to toot my own horn, but didn't I post here last week saying he was "money"? I stuck around until after the ESPN interview to give him a VERY WELL deserved high 5.

In the parking lot after the game Varner said it looked like we would get another game at The Family Arena.

One last thing, I had no idea that Sloan ran into anybody, I was focused on the ball...Nothing but nylon!!!

... discussion from our previous thread, Mac? Did they come out flat or what? I'm glad they recovered but I'm dead serious ... Iowa has another one or two guys on that bench and we're in trouble.

One of the things ESPN2 also said in the course of its broadcast is that the intensity of the NIT seems to pick up as the games go on. Hopefully, we now know that we are in a "tournament." And even if its not "thee" tournament, it should be played to win.

A lot of people must've seen the game here in Maryland because I am getting peppered with quesitons and congrats. This is the best time of the year ... and if the Bills are still playing, that makes it even more enjoyable.

I watched the game from the Clevelander hotel/bar in South Beach (what is a bar named the "Clevelander" doing in Miami??) and I had the honor of explaining to everyone around me who the Billikens are. Some actually knew, but what great exposure. It seems that basketball fans are watching ANY tournament game right now and the Billikens were in a favorable time slot on the East Coast. This morning, when I returned to my office in St. Louis, everyone was talking about the game last night when, in the past, no one really paid any attention. I even think the fact that the game was in St. Chuck probably brought in a lot of new "fans".