Mizzou?

Why aren't SLU / Mizzou matched up in the first round of the NIT? I understand that SLU has everything to gain and Mizzou everything to lose but what is really going on here? Hopefully they will meet later in the tourney.....I would love to see Quin and his boys get out-worked by the Bills!

I would think it would attract a lot of fans.....

Any thoughts?

Someone posted that Mizzery, and for the life of me I don't know how they can do this, suggested to the NIT committee they don't want a match up with SLU, at least not one that is assured, i.e. the opener of the tourney. If it truly was a case of Mizzery saying "we don't want SLU in the opener or anywhere near us for a possible second or third game" the Missouri Congress ought to cut off all funds to Mizzery's hoops program. Of course, that wouldn't work as Wal-Mart money would pour in to keep it going. Mizzery reminds me of that old Phillips 66 team that used to barnstorm the country back in the 50's and early 60's. Ex college stars that couldn't make it in the NBA, so they took jobs with Phillips 66. Their office was a gym. Mizzery should have Wal-Mart on the front of their jerseys and the mascot should be the smiley face price cutter. IN fact they should change their name to "The Rollbacks".