not to get ahead of ourselves--next year

someoneelse

SLU plays (ed) Xavier, Temple and Rhode Island at home this year. Does that mean they are on the road next year? We beat URI, played Xavier close and who knows with Temple. Those, with Dayton, are the better teams in the A10. To get them all on the road next year would be tough, though the team should be improved.

There is still a ton of ball to be played and winning the tourney outright is not at all out of the question, so this shouldn't be looked upon as a 'let's pack it in' post.

SLU plays (ed) Xavier, Temple and Rhode Island at home this year. Does that mean they are on the road next year? We beat URI, played Xavier close and who knows with Temple. Those, with Dayton, are the better teams in the A10. To get them all on the road next year would be tough, though the team should be improved.

There is still a ton of ball to be played and winning the tourney outright is not at all out of the question, so this shouldn't be looked upon as a 'let's pack it in' post.

If nothing changes with regard to A 10 scheduling then I think you are correct. I'm hoping one of two things occurs, a complete redo in the A10 alignment (go West and East divisions-this would likely also cut travel costs) or a re-grouping of teams you play twice. As I said in another thread yesterday, the A 10 leaders need to be blind to not recognize the X/SLU rivalry and schedule them for home & home every year, like we are doing with Dayton.

I would think that outside of Dayton we would be considered X's biggest league rival-they certainly are ours. One added benefit of making this change is that it would likely help both of our RPI's given the projected quality of next yr's teams.

As an X fan I would agree that Xavier, Dayton, and SLU should all be podded together (or whatever the A-10 calls the scheduling) so they play a home and home each season. However, I expect that SLU will come to Cintas if there is no home and home (as I think they try to rotate). I can remember a couple of years back where X went to on the road to Rhode Island (?) in consecutive years. So it's possible we could make a return trip to Saint Louis.