Jon Smith

bk18

I think Jon Smith has made significant improvements to his game this year. He is starting to finally look comfortable out there. I like his quiet and hardworking attitude. Getting significant minutes I think has been a contributing factor, but I also think that he is finally catching up with his body. He came in and couldn't set a pic on a 5'10'' 150 pound point guard because he was so tall and thin. It looks like he has put on about 15 pounds of muscle - enough that he no longer has to where a white T under his uniform. I want him to develop into someone in between a 3 and a 4, he has the broad wingspan and similar build to Tayshaun Prince. If his athleticism and comfort level continue to rise he could be a solid contributer to the team.

What are your predictions about him? Is there more to come or will he plateau here for a while?

I think Jon Smith has made significant improvements to his game this year. He is starting to finally look comfortable out there. I like his quiet and hardworking attitude. Getting significant minutes I think has been a contributing factor, but I also think that he is finally catching up with his body. He came in and couldn't set a pic on a 5'10'' 150 pound point guard because he was so tall and thin. It looks like he has put on about 15 pounds of muscle - enough that he no longer has to where a white T under his uniform. I want him to develop into someone in between a 3 and a 4, he has the broad wingspan and similar build to Tayshaun Prince. If his athleticism and comfort level continue to rise he could be a solid contributer to the team.

What are your predictions about him? Is there more to come or will he plateau here for a while?

I'll give you a dollar if Jon Smith turns out to be the player Tayshaun Prince was at Kentucky. I'll give you two dollars if he turns out to be the next Nazir Mohammed.

I'll give you a dollar if Jon Smith turns out to be the player Tayshaun Prince was at Kentucky. I'll give you two dollars if he turns out to be the next Nazir Mohammed.

and I'll give you 3 dollars if he turns out to be Michael Jordon.

Who said he would be either of those guys?

For some reason Jon reminds me of Tayshaun too. It must be the lanky build. At this point that's where the comparison stop as he can't shoot beyond the arc. BUT, the kid is young, talented and seemingly willing to learn how to play basketball. I wouldn't put it past him before it's all said and done.

For some reason Jon reminds me of Tayshaun too. It must be the lanky build. At this point that's where the comparison stop as he can't shoot beyond the arc. BUT, the kid is young, talented and seemingly willing to learn how to play basketball. I wouldn't put it past him before it's all said and done.

And Reid's haircut makes him look like Larry Bird.

Please guys, let's quit comparing apples and oranges here. Jon Smith is talented, but if his lankiness is all that can be compared to the Prince of Auburn Hills, let's just stop there and call it a day.

Please guys, let's quit comparing apples and oranges here. Jon Smith is talented, but if his lankiness is all that can be compared to the Prince of Auburn Hills, let's just stop there and call it a day.

The original poster was comparing Smith's build to Prince's (a valid comparison), not his game.

That's what we're saying. The only one to compare anything but his build to Prince was you. So yes, please stop.