UMKC things

thefan

I have been following all the talk about the student turnout on this board, and decided to go down to the game and check it out. I am currently a graduate student at SLU. I went to purchase a ticket and they told me it was ten bucks. Is it ten bucks for all students or ten bucks because I'm a part time grad student? If it is ten dollars for all students now I understand why there are no students at games (even when school is in session). When I was in college, I was broke and there would be no way I would pay ten dollars for SLU to play a no name team (yes this is including half the teams in the A10).

How awesome is UMKC offense? I loved it, all back doors and pick and rolls. It would be interesting to see WR, KM, FJ, and the new recruits in that offense.

Is it me or does SLU just play to the level of their competition (Rockhurst/MO St/Notre Dame)?

I currently coach basketball at a high school and the number one rule is if you are 3 feet or closer from the hoop you shoot. If your not open to shoot you pump fake and then shoot (keep in mind H.S. refs will give you any call at the basket). Maybe SLU should follow this rule.

Can SLU please have people wait until there is dead ball before going to their seat?

SLU needs to sign up the guy who won $1,000 dollars at halftime, I'm positive he won't be afraid to shoot the ball and have a higher 3 point percentage.

SLU needs to sign up the guy who won $1,000 dollars at halftime, I'm positive he won't be afraid to shoot the ball and have a higher 3 point percentage.

Before we start to worry about the 3 pt % i think our major concern should be our FT% , I agree we need to start hiting 3`s but in a tight game the FT `s will be more important that a 3 especially in the 1 & 1 situations, higher % of games are won and lost on the foul line not the 3 point line.

Tonight BC+WR+KM = 11/24 46%

I have been following all the talk about the student turnout on this board, and decided to go down to the game and check it out. I am currently a graduate student at SLU. I went to purchase a ticket and they told me it was ten bucks. Is it ten bucks for all students or ten bucks because I'm a part time grad student? If it is ten dollars for all students now I understand why there are no students at games (even when school is in session). When I was in college, I was broke and there would be no way I would pay ten dollars for SLU to play a no name team (yes this is including half the teams in the A10).

How awesome is UMKC offense? I loved it, all back doors and pick and rolls. It would be interesting to see WR, KM, FJ, and the new recruits in that offense.

Is it me or does SLU just play to the level of their competition (Rockhurst/MO St/Notre Dame)?

I currently coach basketball at a high school and the number one rule is if you are 3 feet or closer from the hoop you shoot. If your not open to shoot you pump fake and then shoot (keep in mind H.S. refs will give you any call at the basket). Maybe SLU should follow this rule.

Can SLU please have people wait until there is dead ball before going to their seat?

Actually, the first 1000 students can buy tickets at a better price then you did - I am not sure how many they sold this year but last year it was sold out so what happened to you was you were walking in off the street and missed the deal that was available earlier.

I agree - the fans are the rude when it comes to this getting up when ever the moment strikes them. What gets me is when they get up and then stop to have a conversation with who they are with before exiting the row or when they return and have drinks and they stand until they have passed out all the drinks and told the story of why it took them so long - JUST SIT DOWN - IS THAT SO HARD!!!